Critique Night shots from the coast

Name
Nick
Edit My Images
Yes
Hiya folks

I took these 3 the other night at approx 11:00 - 11:30pm

Not overly happy with any of them to be honest, blew the highlights and they are unrecoverable which is annoying. The lighthouse is lit up pink for breast cancer awareness.

anyways I've processed them so may as well offer them for critique.

1) 180 seconds @ f5.6 - ISO100 20mm

2) 35 seconds @ f5 - ISO200 10mm

3) 120 seconds @ f5 - ISO200 12mm

Thanks

Nick

Last edited:
Number 1 is nicely composed my only niggle is the pink on the lighthouse is a bit to bright for me, and the same goes for number 2. Number 3 is really good I do like that as the pinks not so bright and nicely composed for my tastes.

These are really nice except for the pink IMHO. Go back when the pink is gone. Shame though. one would have thought the pink light would have added something special and it hasn't.

TBH Nick you and I both know your far more capable than these photos would have people believe, the pink especially in the first looks like its been applied with a airbrush in PP far too strong, light painting should support the scene not dominate IMHO

Be nice without the garish pink. Was it really that colour in real life? If it was fair enough, you can't argue with nature.

Nick
Have you tried turning down the luminance of of the purple and magenta in the RAW file?

Back