Night Shots in and around Leeds

Edit My Images
No
Folks,

I'm back in the UK after 2.5 years overseas.
Currently live close to Leeds, near the M62/M1.
I enjoy night shots, light trails, night long exposures, that sort of thing.

My mojo has gone a little since coming back to the UK, so I'm after some suggestions close to home for night shots (when we have a rare dry evening!)

Clarence Dock/Royal Armouries and by the river in Leeds is always good.
Castleford Bridge is easy for me.

What other suggestions can anyone give within say 30 minutes drive of the M1/M62 junction?

I also enjoy light trails so can anyone suggest a good bridge/spot for some M62 or M1 (or anywhere else) light trails?

Hi mate,
I was on Rein Road visiting the school next to the bridge the other day!
Hadn't thought of Castle Hill either, good shout.
It would be good to meet up sometime. Very busy recently, but will be in touch :)

Matt,
Unfortunately I saw the meet info a bit too late!
I've been back almost a month now, barely taken a photo with the rain and cold!
Hoping to get out tonight though.

v16ben said:
Matt,
Unfortunately I saw the meet info a bit too late!
I've been back almost a month now, barely taken a photo with the rain and cold!
Hoping to get out tonight though.

A real shame there were quite a few there from that there Leeds ;)

Hi Ben. *Sarah* and I live in Rothwell so probably not far from you. Lots of opportunities around for good photos around. Why not set up a meet on the forum and see who'd be up for it.

Thanks for the suggestions, folks.
I'm in Birstall so not a million miles away.
A meet could be a good plan in the New Year!

I also enjoy light trails so can anyone suggest a good bridge/spot for some M62 or M1 (or anywhere else) light trails?
Try Scammonden Bridge.

I've always struggled capturing the view from Castle Hill. Apart from the tower itself, I find it a bit featureless. I'd be interested to see what others have done.

Holme Moss has a great view over West Yorkshire, but have never been up there with a camera. Adds to 'to do' list...

Delta Skies said:
Hi Ben. *Sarah* and I live in Rothwell so probably not far from you. Lots of opportunities around for good photos around. Why not set up a meet on the forum and see who'd be up for it.

Yes, yes, yes....I only have one meet on the cards and need at least 2 on the go at any time!!

Cheers

Scammonden Bridge is an interesting idea.
Always wonder about shots when I'm driving under it!
Seems there are plenty of toggers around here too :)

Scammonden Bridge is an interesting idea.
Always wonder about shots when I'm driving under it!
Seems there are plenty of toggers around here too :)

I'm going up there this evening for an hour or two.

I've just put together some lights to have a go at orbs, going to go try them out in the underpass that runs under the motorway. Its all public access and should be an ideal place.

If it comes together, I'll post some pics.........but don't hold your breath :LOL:

Edited to add that if someone organisers a night meet I'll be up for it (y)

Last edited:
Would be interesting to see the results, Phil.
I'm sitting in the warmth with a hot cuppa instead I think!

Haha my sense of adventure was dulled by mince pies, turkey sandwiches and rain!
Liking the orb shots too :)
Just researching Scammonden and think it might be a good one for trails sometime soon.

Crossgates Arndale? Some very old vintage shots to be had there if 70's shopping centre's are your thing?

Will look out for your car (guessing a silver 172!)
I used to have a 182 a few years back!

Back