nightmare day

Edit My Images
Yes
How is it possible to start off with half decent images in RAW and end up with what looks like a pile of doggy-doos after editing them??? :( And I didn't even do much ... a crop and a tweak of the levels. But I did them on my laptop which always makes the pics look dark when I view them on a different computer. So I re-edited them on the second computer ... should I have edited the original rather than re-editing the image I had already worked on? It is hard to explain just how frustrated I feel right now. :bang: I know I have some perfectly acceptable images from my friends' wedding but the disc I have just mailed them contains some incredibly shocking edits. Do I just go back to the original RAW files and start over again? I don't know what advice I'm looking for or if I'm just venting my frustration!! :bang: Anyone fancy giving me some lessons in using Photoshop???

.....But I did them on my laptop which always makes the pics look dark when I view them on a different computer. So I re-edited them on the second computer ...

You can get a Huey pro calibrator delivered to your house for about £60. It will calibrate all your computers so the levels etc are the same and none too bright. This will fix the problem and get all your colours etc right too.

Once you have that under control there are lots of lessons about on fixing levels on photoshop. You could do with being a little more specific about what you want to learn so that I or someone else can point you in the right direction. I get a magazine regularly called "Digital Photo" and this always has tutor videos for photoshop on it.

There are a number of videos also available on t'internet too.

You could do with being a little more specific about what you want to learn ...

TBH, I don't want to know much! I am relatively new to using Photoshop and I just want to learn the basics. I regularly edit my sports pics without too many headaches, but I think maybe I have been trying a little too hard with these wedding pics to get them perfect... and as a consequence they are just the opposite. One thing I struggle with, is what looks right! I can't tell when I have got the colours right, especially skintones. In RAW I can alter the WB and even though it might make a dramatic change to the image, I don't know which version is right and which is wrong!!

TBH, I don't want to know much! I am relatively new to using Photoshop and I just want to learn the basics. I regularly edit my sports pics without too many headaches, but I think maybe I have been trying a little too hard with these wedding pics to get them perfect... and as a consequence they are just the opposite. One thing I struggle with, is what looks right! I can't tell when I have got the colours right, especially skintones. In RAW I can alter the WB and even though it might make a dramatic change to the image, I don't know which version is right and which is wrong!!

Why not post a link to an original RAW file?

Back