Nikkor f1.8 50mm - Sweet Spot Stop?

Edit My Images
Yes
Now for you Nikon Owners, I know there are some out there? Who has a Nikkor f1.8 50mm and what fstop are you finding it at its prime (how apt :D) For sharpness et all.

Tbh I hardly use mine and well I'm thinking of putting it on the recentley aquired D200 and taking it for a spin :)

Ed :)

you could always give it to me so I can find out for you? ;)

I was reading about this today as I'm gonna get one next month when I get paid general consensus of opinion appears to be from f4 to about f8 though. The 1.4 is supposed to be pinners from wide open, but it's too pricey for what it is!

Gandhi said:
you could always give it to me so I can find out for you? ;)

I was reading about this today as I'm gonna get one next month when I get paid general consensus of opinion appears to be from f4 to about f8 though. The 1.4 is supposed to be pinners from wide open, but it's too pricey for what it is!

I'll give f4 to f8 a go!..... Thanks for that! :)

If I end up going to Thailand at the end of August, its definately a lens I'll bring along with me :)

Not to sure how much the f1.4 is? but I darn't look and well couldn't justify buying it considering the use my f1.8 gets. But its one of those lenses a photograph must have imo. Theres going to be a time where I need the f1.8 and for its price its one of the best lenses a photographer can ask for :)

I do got a f1.4 ... only it is donkeys ... and manual of course ... thought about 'upgrading' but it is perfectly serviceable on the D200 ... as long as you don't mind manual focus ... small price for a brill bit of glass ... (y)

Kinobe said:
Now for you Nikon Owners, I know there are some out there? Who has a Nikkor f1.8 50mm and what fstop are you finding it at its prime (how apt :D) For sharpness et all.

Tbh I hardly use mine and well I'm thinking of putting it on the recentley aquired D200 and taking it for a spin :)

F4 on my D50 is normally perfick! Great little bit of glass for £65 (Onestop!)

well the Canon one is from between f4 - f8 so sounds pretty similar.

Excellent, looks like I'll be trialing f4 out! :)

If it is sharp at f4 why would you use f1.8?? Is it still sharp just not tack?

Back