Review Nikon 14-24 vs 16-35 VR review (of sorts)

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I recently had the opportunity to test out both the 14-24 and 16-35 VR lenses for a week whilst on a trip to Hawaii. I've been curious to know what these lenses were like so it was great to finally play with both in a real world scenario.

I did a write up about how I found the lenses, after a weeks use, on my blog. It's illustrated with some nice images (I think lol) and I thought it might be of interest to anyone interested in either lens.

Clicky clicky for article

RDX_7800.jpg

EDIT: Apologies if you get a database connection error. My host had some issues recently but should be fixed now!

Thanks for this, I've been looking for this exact comparison.

I got the 16-35 after reading Rockwell's reviews on both. However since then I've read more of his site and find him quite contradictory! If I'd seen this review I would probably have gone with the 14-24.

Made my bed now though so better lay in it!!

I got the 16-35 after reading Rockwell's reviews on both. However since then I've read more of his site and find him quite contradictory! If I'd seen this review I would probably have gone with the 14-24.

Made my bed now though so better lay in it!!

Surely you're happy with the 16-35mm though. That's all that matters. Not other peoples opinions. :shrug:
I had the 14-24mm and moved other to the 16-35mm due to the filter issue and I'm happy with my choice. :)

Kev.

I've been in the same predicament. I'm lucky enough to have a 14-24 but the filter issue really troubles me so I've gone out and got a 17-35 2.8 2nd hand.

Hopefully that'll keep me happy for the time being.

DB

Surely you're happy with the 16-35mm though. That's all that matters. Not other peoples opinions. :shrug:
I had the 14-24mm and moved other to the 16-35mm due to the filter issue and I'm happy with my choice. :)

Kev.

Love it, but main reason for buying is for building a portfolio of my work, (bathroom fitter), and by all accounts the 14-24 has less distortion. However the tipping of the scales in favour of the 16-35 was the fact I didnt like the idea of the very bulbous and naked front element. Could see me whacking into sumit!!

The speed of the 14-24 wasnt a factor as I need to stop down to get good DoF.

I bought the 14-24 and am very pleased with it. I have got some good shots with it. But have not had a go with the 16-35 so I can not comment on which is the better lens.Thing is I am more than happy with my 14-24 though.

Back