Nikon 85mm 1.4 on route

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
:naughty:Well brought and paid for should be here tomorrow according to Grays of Westminster..must say they offer a great service and have been very helpfull.

Lurvely!

I have the Canon equivalent but hardly get the opporunity to use it these days. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Yeah me too mate..I hear it takes some practice at 1.4..lol

That's a clasy bit of kit you have there - for gawds sake, don't drop it!!

:LOL:No chance Doug..have waited a long time for this lens..cant wait!

ooooooh tasty,...

be sure to post some samples (not flowers, cats or dogs though ;))

King.

Thanks Joe..whats up with flowers,dogs or cats?..lol@King

Thanks Joe..whats up with flowers,dogs or cats?..lol@King

For some reason, when us togs get new kit the first thing which is photographed is yur pet, be it a dog or cat. If you lack this kind of family member then it usually a dandylion or some flower that is right outside your back door.

:naughty:...will certainly be getting some shots of my kids with it thats for sure and maybe the odd reptile!

It's a really tasty bit of kit. To me it almost feels like a shorter, faster version of the lovely 180/2.8 ED. Slightly cool colour rendition, great contrast, sharp even wide open and quite astonishing once you stop it down past f2 or so.

One of the two or three best Nikkors that I've ever used.

It does flare a bit and the hood is some sort of screw-on metal waste-paper basket thing. You also get a bit of CA.

Doesn't matter though. Within its limits it's just superb.

(y)Thanks for that druid..the 180mm is next on the list!..does the ca disappear once stopped down a bit?

Where I've seen CA it's been on out of focus white stuff that's overexposed. You can avoid it with a bit of thought.

The 180 is a killer lens. Non-D versions are dirt cheap.

Cheers for that mate..well it arrived at 7 am this morning so just opened it up and had a look so far,very impressive piece of kit!Can't wait to try it out in a bit..

Congrats Stuart ... :clap: ... just noticed you are in Herts so I could always pop over to borrow it ... :cautious: ... howsabout today ... :naughty:

Seems like a bit of a corker lens ... (y)

Seriously though where in Herts are you based ... :shrug:

:p

:love: well I'm enjoying it for sure!
DSC_0002.jpg

Looks nice so far. Although possibly a bit lacking in the colour department :shrug:

So, got any flowers you can show us?

All day and just one pic ... :cautious:

Really wouldn't take too long from Sawbo ... :thinking: ... and we do have some colourful stuff over here ... :shrug:

And I wouldn't mind ... honest ... ;)

Looks to be real sharp glass though Stuart ... (y)

:p

Very nice, I've been thinking of one of these for a while now but can't decide between it and the Carl Zeiss 85mm f/1.4. If you don't mind me asking was it expensive?

:LOL:@venomator..
Hacker its a great lens..cost me £759 from Grays of Westminster..
Will post a few more images shortly.

Yeah very pleased mate but certainly has a learning curve to it!

Well at least you've fixed the colour issue.

now where are those flower pics?:whistle:

:LOL:only flowers in my garden are nettles and dandelions!..lol

:LOL:

But if you look at the criteria listed above you'll see it says : pets, family, dandelions.

so get out there....... go on.

Just encouraging you to enjoy your new bit of kit ;)

Shame I can't give myself that much encouragement really:bonk:

Back