Nikon D200 strange problem possibly?

Name
Steven
Edit My Images
No
evening all

D200 works and shoots fine, the small screen on the top (i mentioned this in a another topic) when the camera is switched off it displays the number of shots left [52], now over time surely this will run the battery down? not a problem as i take the battery out when its not in use and in the bag

but should this happen at all?

checked the auto meter off (C3) and its set to 4 second, the display goes off after 4 seconds as normal but the number still shows on the screen when camera is off

thanks in advance

I would say you'd have to go some to run the battery down noticeably with that little normal number showing ... :shrug:

Didn't use mine for three months and no noticeable run down ... :eek:

:p

D300 does the same.

ah thats ok then, thought it was something that may cause a problem

thanks for clearing that up

Another Happy customer courtesy of TPF Customer Service:)

as does the d50. Totally normal :)

Blimey whitey, you're right on the edge man...
photohypercondria - take 12 pints of guinness every 4 hours, if symptoms persist, double the dose.....:D

and for the record, as its not been mentioned..... its perfectly normal

:)

better safe than sorry when spending so much in my eyes

Thats true.

I noticed something about my own expensive tackle approach.
I changed my D70 for a D200, D70 cost £700, sold it for 200, D200 cost £500, so it stands me at £1000 in real money.
My girlfriend knocked the D200 on tripod over, it fell 2ft to wooden floor, the camera is fine, I was bum rippingly horrified:eek: and don't even want to talk about the glass that was on it :LOL: but, god I feel a lot better about it now, less precious with it, more relaxed, it was an excellent release from wrapping stuff in cotton wool.
There's more chance of me dropping it or something (and there's virtually no chance of that) than anything I do with battery's, the angle at which I put it in the bag or the number of pavement cracks I stand on.
I take good care of my gear, but, it can get a bit obsessive.
Not saying everyone should be like that, but there's a big yawning gap I fall into between obsessively protective and disdain for ones equipment.

Back