Nikon D2H, D100 & D1X

Hacker

TPer Emeritus
Name
Colin
Edit My Images
Yes
Now the work is starting to trickle in I need to invest in a second body as a back up, the plan was to get a D200 but that is possibly a few months away.

I just wanted to know peoples experiences of the above bodies, the D2H appears good but at 'only' 4.1mp will it be enough, it's obviously robust and 8fps is pretty damn quick, the D1X might be out of my price range and the D100 I know nothing about.

before reading this you must realise i have no personal experience with these products :D... but i do have a few friends in the industry that use them. their comments were that the d1x is a great camera but battery life may be an issue and the d2h is fantastic and 4mega pix is usually enough (how large are you printing?) but it doesnt handle noise at high iso very well.

personally id like that d200.

hope thats of some use :)

I have had all 3 bodies.

D100 nice build slow at RAW and a tendency to under expose.

D2H great camera solid build 4.1mp is fine. AF is fast and positive.
Unfortunately this camera suffers with noise at 800 and above........some report it suffers with it from 400.

Having said that if you nail the exposure 800 and 1600 is usable.....this camera is not very forgiving if you cock up.

D2Hs takes all the good things from the D2H and a few things from the D2X and the result is a top piece of kit.

Sorry not all 3 bodies.........not had a D1X.......must learn to read posts correctly before I reply:bonk:

I still have a s/h D1x for sale... doesn't anyone check the classifieds any more?
£900 to you matey...
Plus loads of ancillaries...

Back