nikon d300

Apologies for treading on the toes of the Nikon fan-boys in here but have you looked at the Alpha700 If you've already got an Alpha camera. It's not as good in specification as the D300 but if it's noise you're worried about it should be a cut above you're A350 because it's a CMOS sensor as opposed to a CCD.

A lot will depend on how much you've invested in the Alpha system already and how worried you are about getting a duff one, but it's something to consider.

Keeping the A350 etc as a backup and also for my son who's really getting into photography.So its not that I will loose moneywise.Thanks for the input I can see you have a valid point.

Anyway, have you made any decisions yet JIMC?
Allan[/QUOTE]

Thanks for all the input from every-one,well made a purchase
Nikon d300, Nikon 18-200 vr lens,Sb600 flash,(UV filter,new bag,screen protector,various other bits and bobs thro' in).The guy didn't have a full range of lenses for me to try,but I can borrow my friends who got me the deal.Saved me quite alot of money so happy with the purchase.Just have to charge the battery now and start reading up on the camera.Probably not every-ones choice but again thanks to you all.:)

Enjoy it. Iv only heard great things about this camera. Would love to give one a try.

Thinking of upgrading. Had a play with the d300 and 18-200dx vr lens today.Really tempted to buy.Any downsides to this camera or lens.Also if I decide to go for it can any one recommend a decent flash(reasonable priced).

Glad we were able to tempt you into buying what you already wanted! :naughty:
David Buschs book is very good, I have learnt a lot more about using the camera since I got mine.
That lens is a great lens to have too. Sure, it has its shortcomings, but for convenience and image quality, you cant go wrong.
I can also recommend the Nikkor 70-300VR ( feel another thread coming on!) for a bit of extra reach and for wide angle, a lot of people seem very happy with Sigmas 10-20, that will be my next lens.

Get reading, that battery should be almost charged by now!
Allan

Ah, a watched battery..... and all that!
Allan

Anyway, have you made any decisions yet JIMC?
Allan

Thanks for all the input from every-one,well made a purchase
Nikon d300, Nikon 18-200 vr lens,Sb600 flash,(UV filter,new bag,screen protector,various other bits and bobs thro' in).The guy didn't have a full range of lenses for me to try,but I can borrow my friends who got me the deal.Saved me quite alot of money so happy with the purchase.Just have to charge the battery now and start reading up on the camera.Probably not every-ones choice but again thanks to you all.:)
.[/QUOTE]

(y) (y) A couple of days and you'll have worked your way through the manual :LOL:

Back