Nikon D40

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
Think it may now be time to get a DSLR,
seen the Nikon d40 at jessops for £299 dont really want to spend silly money on a camera having wedding and that to pay for, just thought this wold be good to take on honeymoon.
Or could i get it cheeper else where?
TIA

you could try pming kerso on here, he supplies quite a bit of kit cheap (normally canon, but im sure he does some nikon gear) or www.warehouseexpress.co.uk, with excellent service, i take it you have held them and decided the nikon is the one for you as opposed to the other makes? eg canon olympus etc... from what i read the only thing against the d40 is the auto focus or image stabilization wont work off most lenses, or something like, if oyu do a search youll find it. but doesnt sound a bad price to me.

Hi,
Think it may now be time to get a DSLR,
seen the Nikon d40 at jessops for £299 dont really want to spend silly money on a camera having wedding and that to pay for, just thought this wold be good to take on honeymoon.
Or could i get it cheeper else where?
TIA

Hi, I bought the Nikon D40X from Amazon a month ago. It was £399 but Nikon also gave £40 cashback. The D40 is available on amazon for £298.95 so Jessops price seems quite good unless you are ordering mail order then would have to pay carriage on top. Amazon is carriage free.

The D40 is very similar to D40X except it has less pixels. Though most reviews say that this is not a problem. There is lots of info on Ken Rockwells site http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d40/users-guide/index.htm

I have been very pleased with mine and find the kit lens very good. I presume the one from Jessops comes with 18-50 lens.

I have also bought the 55-200 Nikon AF-S lens with VR (Vibration Reduction) and find that I can get perfectly sharp shots without a tripod.

John Lewis are doing the D40 with 18-135 kit lens for £299.99, and I'm sure there's a discount code floating about somewhere for a 10% discount.. Plus the £40 cashback from Nikon.

I've checked on the nikon site http://nikon.co.uk but the £40 discount only applies to the D40X and not the D40:thumbsdown:

D40 with the 18-55 is available at dixons for £284 using discount code AW10 to get £10.00 off

Back