Nikon D40x

Name
Jennifer Poppitt
Edit My Images
Yes
My Nikon D40x arrived this morning. I'm soo happy. Been waiting for ages to get a SLR. Woop. :D Can't wait to get out and take loads of pictures. Yay. (y)

You're gonna love your D40x Pete, i love mine!! Have fun

Congrats, have fun :)

Love mine too, its a brilliant first dslr! cant really fault it, apart from the lack of auto bracketing (which is no massive deal really). Have fun!! :)

Love mine too, its a brilliant first dslr! cant really fault it, apart from the lack of auto bracketing (which is no massive deal really). Have fun!! :)

I love mine, but the main thing that niggles me is the lack of MF/AF switch on the camera body. This means that on lenses that don't have a MF/AF switch on the lens body, I have to go into the camera menu to change it which can be annoying. Other than that, its a great little camera.:)

I love mine, but the main thing that niggles me is the lack of MF/AF switch on the camera body. This means that on lenses that don't have a MF/AF switch on the lens body, I have to go into the camera menu to change it which can be annoying. Other than that, its a great little camera.:)

Sigma's by any chance? Never really had the need to turn AF off on my 10-20mm, but suppose it could get a bit annoying.

Lens choice is slightly restricted with the lack of in-camera motor, but i think i'll probably end up upgrading the body before i buy too many more lenses (only other lens i need at the mo is a decent zoom).

I must admit, I didnt really appreciate the AF-S factor when I bought my D40 or I probably would have gone for a Canon. That being said, I got a very good deal and I am hoping I can sort out an 18-200mm AF-S VR in which case I am set for the forseeable future and it is no longer really an issue.

That and I love the camera itself :)

I've used a Nikon before, both film and digital, thats why I chose to buy one for myself. Just need to get another lens soon and I'll be away.

Sigma's by any chance? Never really had the need to turn AF off on my 10-20mm, but suppose it could get a bit annoying.

Lens choice is slightly restricted with the lack of in-camera motor, but i think i'll probably end up upgrading the body before i buy too many more lenses (only other lens i need at the mo is a decent zoom).

Yup. The Sigma 10-20mm, 150mm and 300mm don't have the MF/AF switch, although they do on other fits(Canon, Olympus etc) Why this is, I have no idea, but I do find it a little annoying. Its worst on the 300mm, where I want AF-C to track birds etc, then I want to switch to MF if im shooting through grass where the AF gets confused.

I really havent found the lack of focus motor to be hugely restrictive at all tbh. There are a couple of lenses I would like that arn't AF-S/AF-I/HSM, but im sure they will be remade evantually. I can see all new lenses being built with sonic motors anyway, so im only really missing out if I want to pick up old bargains. And as you say, the body will probably be upgraded before my lens collection gets too large. Ive got my eye on a D200/D300/D2Xs at the moment.:naughty:

Back