Nikon D50 Battery Grip problem

Dal

Is always right
Name
Darren
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from THIS thread I got my Battery grip, YAY, and I got a new battery aswell.

So I have 2 nikon batteries, both of which are fully charged and yet when the batteries are in the grip the camera will change between showing full power and virtually none, taking the batteries out will sometimes affect it but simply turning the camera off then back on again will often give a different power rating.

Is it likely that the battery grip is causing this problem? Or could it be that the new battery I've bought is faulty.

I have noticed the markings on the new battery aren't as precise as my original batter and the label on the back is a slighly different shade. Came in a proper nikon box from a trader on ebay.

Any ideas what I should do as I don't want to send the grip back if that isnt the problem.

Thanks

This is the battery grip that I bought

One way to find out is to take the grip back off and try the new battery in the camera direct. Do you have a link to the seller you bought it from? There are quite a few selling fake Nikon batteries on Ebay....

This is the battery that I bought.

I've giving both the batteries another charge so will try them both individually then again in the grip to see if it does it again, maybe the new battery hasn't taken the first charge properly or something. I just hope if there is a problem that its with the battery as thats alot cheaper than the grip.

:(

Its not a genuine Nikon battery, and it doesn't say it is in the ad.
OME batteries are £25-£30.
Doesn't mean its faulty though.

Its not a genuine Nikon battery, and it doesn't say it is in the ad.
OME batteries are £25-£30.
Doesn't mean its faulty though.

I think I've been done as I've just seen a negative feedback on him in december saying he sent out a fake nikon battery.

bugger.

I've e-mailed the seller and asked to send the battery back as it's not a genuine battery. Will see what the response is lol

Well, good luck.
In his ad, it doesn't actually say its a genuine Nikon battery, so I think you might get stonewalled.
Its coming to something when you have to look in the description to see whether something is genuine or not, even though the photo suggests it is, but that's the crap you have to deal with using Ebay.
I probably wouldn't have bought it unless it said it was OME, no guarantee I wouldn't get a fake, but I'd feel I had some recourse if I did.
As it stands, it cost 6.99, £20 under cost, not described as genuine Nikon, I think you'll struggle.

:(

I have used fleabay quite a lot -----buying and selling both bodys and lenses and have been pretty happy.However the two items to avoid are cards and batteries.Even the branded cards are 95% fake---Much better off with Amazon.
Pete.

Back