Nikon D700

Name
Jonathan
Edit My Images
Yes
I have just purchased an old nikon D700 with a million miles on the clock. It's a fantastic camera but at 12mp is it still a good camera by today's standards? So far I have had some great results but looking for a nice zoom now 70-300 possibly. I've owned 55-300 and 70-300 Nikon lenses on my crop sensor Nikon. Anything else out there that's good quality without breaking the bank?

Last edited:
Hi Jonathan, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums."Enjoy".

"Nothing wrong with a Nikon D700, there a really good camera and quite capable of producing "Excellent" results"(y)

Hi Jonathan, welcome to the forum and enjoy yourself here :wave:

Hi, welcome! The D700 is (still) a good camera. Have fun! :)

Welcome to TP, what sort of budget do you have for the lens ?

I have just purchased a Tamron 70-300 sp vc for the D700. Haven't had a chance to get out with it yet but looking forward to using it. I have previously tried 55-300 vr and 70-300 vr from Nikon but even though optically similar both had focusing issues when the 70-300 was supposed to be one of the quickest. I have also made an impulse buy on an old Nikon push pull 80-200 2.8. Anybody still using these lenses on here? It's a big heavy thing but supposed to be pucker quality. I'm considering purchasing a Kenko 1.4X Pro 300 teleconverter to use with it and the 70-300 Tamron. Anybody tried this?

Back