Beginner Nikon d7000 help needed please

Edit My Images
No
Hello there a quick question that I'm stuck with.

I most often shoot Motorsport photography and I have had this camera from new. It only has 6000 acctuations as it is just a hobby for me. As of the last few times out with it I have noticed that there seems to be something wrong with the focusing and I can't quite pin point what it is.

It seems to be sluggish and having a lot of missed focus which can be identified while actually taking the picture it just won't lock on to the subject like it used to and obviously resulting in less sharp images when it half heartedly gets it and other out of focus, it used to be brilliant and I could safely say 9.5/10 where perfect and ultra fast but something now just does not feel right. It still gets decent images in focus but hasnt got the same speed and accuracy that it did have.

I have tried multiple lens and also still the same.

Now another question. When I bought this camera around a year or so ago I didn't register it for the warranty and still have all of the pack to register it. I have the original receipt from Jessops however Is it too little too late if there is a problem?

Thanks in advance
Paul

Ok...
1. Are you using the centre focus point? Sometimes using any other focus points can cause the camera to hunt for focus and take slightly longer to lock on.

2. Are conditions well lit? If it's rather dull or dark then this could cause issues. Cameras are aided by a good bit of contrast, check the areas you're focusing on aren't all the same colour, etc

3. No filters on lenses?

4. What focus mode are you using?

To answer your warranty question I'm pretty sure you have to register within a certain time, probably around a month or so after date of purchase

When I bought this camera around a year or so ago I didn't register it for the warranty and still have all of the pack to register it. I have the original receipt from Jessops however Is it too little too late if there is a problem?

Registering the camera normally only qualifies it for any additions e.g. extra warranty months, however if it's within the 12-month (or whatever) guarantee period and you have the receipt or can prove the date of purchase then you should be able to make a guarantee claim.
HOWEVER, Jessops folded and were later resurrected ... depending on timing and the terms of the buyout may affect any claim you might have.

Ok...
1. Are you using the centre focus point? Sometimes using any other focus points can cause the camera to hunt for focus and take slightly longer to lock on.

2. Are conditions well lit? If it's rather dull or dark then this could cause issues. Cameras are aided by a good bit of contrast, check the areas you're focusing on aren't all the same colour, etc

3. No filters on lenses?

4. What focus mode are you using?

To answer your warranty question I'm pretty sure you have to register within a certain time, probably around a month or so after date of purchase

Hello thanks for the reply. I use single point focus on continuous tracking mode. I have my settings saved as a preset which I have alwyas used hence now I can see something isn't right.

As for light middle of the day nice and bright taking pics of motorcycles with nice bright colours so should be no problem there either!

Is it hunting for focus on stationary subjects? Done a quick Google search and a couple of people having the same problem on various Nikon bodies where the auto focus has started to play up. Resetting the shooting options sends to have worked for some of them. But of a PITA to be doing this but if it works....

Seems to focus fine on stationary and still focusing on moving subjects just not as fast or accurate as it has been. If someone picked up the camera for the first time they probably wouldn't even notice it's just because I'm used to the very fast great camera that It once was to now Being a lazy unpredictable thing which is really annoying me. Still get some great images none the less but there is Deffinately something not quite right

I've been thinking the same about mine recently, but also wondering if my brain is just shuddering slowly to a halt.

Well I will soon find out hopefully. They have honoured the Warranty and it has been sent to nikon for inspection.

Back