Nikon D750 & Earwig

Rocket

CTID
Name
Tony
Edit My Images
Yes
Never had anything like this.
Just discovered an earwig in my view finder / viewing eye piece, doesn't affect images but is becoming annoying when viewing.
I suspect this has to go to the pros, but before so anyone have any ideas of how i might get rid of insect.

If its off to the for repair, would it be better to use Nikon UK ?

Last edited:
An earwig!!!! the only ones I recall seeing are about 10mm long....and nowhere near a camera....just how big is your camera bug?

PS as for "repairers", Fixation in London maybe?

Last edited:
In addition, anyone have a tutorial or know how to remove the focusing screen ?

Job to measure the little bugger.

FWIW

When you remove the screen this will reveal the base of the pentaprism......none user removable. If there is a way to remove the eyepiece 'glass' that will reveal the other face of the pentaprism.

Earwigs by their very nature can squeeze into very small gaps....... so hopefully getting the focus screen out will release the 'bugger' (or removing the eyepiece'glass'. But IMO don't be tempted to dismantle any further ;)

Thanks for the input. Yes it is behind the focusing screen, I can see it via the viewer and see it walking across the screen., just trying work out how to remove the screen as it appears to be different than the above tutorial.

Back