Nikon D750 wireless remote shutter release question

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
OK,
I'm on the lookout for a remote shutter release, in fact it is this one LINKY but I cannot find any info as to remote releases working if you use BBF as I do all the time. Has anyone used one that will work with BBF ???? and if yes, which remote are you using.

I used the pixel oppilas with mine and I’m 99% sure it worked when the camera was set to BBF, but I don’t have a D750 anymore to be able to check. I can try it with the Z7 but of course this won’t guarantee it’ll be the sane with the D750.

If you’ve set bbf and disabled the af from engaging with a half press of the shutter then the remote will work to fire the shutter but won’t engage af.
If you want af to engage then you’ll need to enable af on half shutter.
The remote sends two commands to the camera 1 is half press and the 2nd is to fire the shutter.

If you’ve set bbf and disabled the af from engaging with a half press of the shutter then the remote will work to fire the shutter but won’t engage af.
If you want af to engage then you’ll need to enable af on half shutter.
The remote sends two commands to the camera 1 is half press and the 2nd is to fire the shutter.

thanks for that info, so in effect, I will have to remove the BBF setting when I need to use the remote or if I switch to manual focus only would that be OK (I assume the first command 1 half press would not work with lens set to manual)

thanks for that info, so in effect, I will have to remove the BBF setting when I need to use the remote or if I switch to manual focus only would that be OK (I assume the first command 1 half press would not work with lens set to manual)
No you won't have to remove BBF to take the shot. The shutter release will work if set to BBF it just won't autofocus so you'd have to use the camera to focus first and then use the remote shutter to take the shot. If you wanted the remote shutter to autofocus as well then you would have to turn off BBF and use the normal shutter button.

I have one of the custom settings set to disable BBF, that way it's easy to switch when I use a remote.

I use Canon but the Yongnuo 602/603 fire the shutter with BB enabled

Ah, never thought about doing that, will have to have a look to see how it is done.
Dead easy on the D750 to set custom menu, just set the camera up how you want initially and then save to a custom slot. Another quick way to change BBF on/off is to have that menu option set as an option in my menu and then it saves you have to to route through all the menu options when you can't remember where it is ;)

What scenario are you wanting remote shutter release for, is it landscapes or something else? I only use remote shutter release for landscapes and already have focus set and absolutely don't want the remote shutter to refocus every time, therefore BBF is my preferred option (y)

Thanks for the info Snerkler, I was going to give astro / night photography a go as it is getting into the dark crisp nights with hopefully clear skies.

Pre focus for that rather than BBF. Get the lens focussed using MF (I use live view for it on my D750) then shoot to your heart's content!

Back