Nikon D750 & D780

I've turned chimping off so i don't get disheartened when out shooting. :LOL:

Andy, what about the 105 macro? Or if you're feeling flush, the 200 f2... :D

The Macro is a possibility, ditch my Tamron 90mm that I rarely use and get something a bit longer. But I find I don't really use the macro much, even for ring shots.. But the 135 DC does look nice.... Not sure I can stretch to a 200 f2 though! Neither my bank account or bag strap would cope with that haha

Lol, yeah it's a bit big innit. :D

I just remember watching a Matt Granger vid on the DC and Nik macro and the results were clear to see, but i guess it's not the be all and end all. The DC certainly creates it's own unique look even without fannying around with the DC.

A couple from earlier on... You know what would have been an ideal lens? The 24-120... Lol. Nah, i think the 50 would have been pretty good... Is the ART worth the money?

Lola
by David Raynham, on Flickr

Oliver

It's on eBay for international shipping works out at just under £900 delivered

Including import charges and handling fees? The main importers cover those. So you can add a possible 25-30% on top of that.

Customs & Duties
International buyers are responsible for any and all customs, duties taxes and brokerage fees to be paid to the courier or government. Please contact your local customs office with further inquiries in this issue. RedTagCamera assumes no responsibility with respect to any tariffs, duties, or any and all other charges requested or required by destination countries.

Last edited:
Including import charges and handling fees? The main importers cover those. So you can add a possible 25-30% on top of that.

Customs & Duties
International buyers are responsible for any and all customs, duties taxes and brokerage fees to be paid to the courier or government. Please contact your local customs office with further inquiries in this issue. RedTagCamera assumes no responsibility with respect to any tariffs, duties, or any and all other charges requested or required by destination countries.

Well you pay your money and you take your chance like anything else I order on eBay from foreign sellers all the time have only ever had to pay custom fees once

Well you pay your money and you take your chance like anything else I order on eBay from foreign sellers all the time have only ever had to pay custom fees once

Was it high value via courier like this is?

Lol, yeah it's a bit big innit. :D

I just remember watching a Matt Granger vid on the DC and Nik macro and the results were clear to see, but i guess it's not the be all and end all. The DC certainly creates it's own unique look even without fannying around with the DC.

A couple from earlier on... You know what would have been an ideal lens? The 24-120... Lol. Nah, i think the 50 would have been pretty good... Is the ART worth the money?

Lola

Oliver
Lighting on the first pic is great (y)

How good is the sigma 50 1.4 really? I have a 1.8G which is ok but not great, nice to have purely for its weight but I'm not overwhelmed. The 58 1.4G I can't quite justify and I would have to break my own Sigma stigma! Ha! Had quite a few issues with them in the past and I'm a bit sceptical these days. I know they're silly sharp but how they measure up wide open and the overall 'look'?

The current Amazon deal looks worth a punt hmmmm....

Last edited:
How good is the sigma 50 1.4 really? I have a 1.8G which is ok but not great, nice to have purely for its weight but I'm not overwhelmed. The 58 1.4G I can't quite justify and I would have to break my own Sigma stigma! Ha! Had quite a few issues with them in the past and I'm a bit sceptical these days. I know they're silly sharp but how they measure up wide open and the overall 'look'?

I'm wondering the same. All the reviews i have read have said how good it is... Just they sheer size of it that's holding me back atm.

50mm-lens-comparison-review-2.jpg

Find a way to justify the 58!

It's a good lens! I'm more than happy with that big old Sigma. :)

This was shot wide open at 1/50sec at ISO4000
There are a couple of other shots on my Flickr stream taken with it too if you want to have a look.

Will have a look later but
above looks great. I will keep the 1.8G for its size so not too fussed with that.

Thanks mate. Was just a quick set up in my lounge and although 'ok' i wasn't too sure about the lighting setup. Seem to have forgot everything i know about it. :LOL:

Here's another with the 35mm.

Her Name Was Lola
You seem to remember more than you think from what I can see. What was your setup?

Lol, hardly mate. Key light was shot through an umbrella camera left on 1/32 power and a small Lastolite Ezybox Speedlight on a small Pixi tripod as a hair light/fill to the far camera right and pointing back at the subject. This was on 1/128 power. Both Yongnuo YN560iv speedlights were fired via the YN560tx unit.

@minnnt a great set from today. You don't happen to have a behind the scenes shot? You can't even tell that was all done in your living room!

Thanks mate. Appreciate it!

Unfortunately i don't, no. Next time i try i will take one for you. It was a bit of a bodge job and i just winged it tbh.

I could have done with a wider background really and some velcro for her bum. She was sat there one second and grabbing the camera the next. :LOL:

Very sharp lens bokeh isn't as nice as the Nikon 58mm sold my Sigma 50 art a few days ago only used it a handful of times seemed a waste to keep it.

@minnnt I could do with some velcro for my little one. The speed at which these kids come to grab the camera is astonishing. Even machine gunning can't cope unless you like the chopped head and feet look! I may try shooting candid stuff via WiFi if it continues.

Yeah yeah, I know, but I still love it!

This is the wedding I shot 90% of on my 58. Thankfully my friends love it (I hate shooting friends weddings!)

http://www.andydanephotography.co.uk/andy-alice-preview/

Nice work Andy. They look like a fun couple to work with! What did you use for the other 10%?

@minnnt I could do with some velcro for my little one. The speed at which these kids come to grab the camera is astonishing. Even machine gunning can't cope unless you like the chopped head and feet look! I may try shooting candid stuff via WiFi if it continues.

Ha, luckily for me my two are ok at the minute. 1 poses and the other can't move. I know i have it all to come though. Lol.

Nice work Andy. They look like a fun couple to work with! What did you use for the other 10%?

They were, knowing them well helped too, but I get more nervous showing friends pics than I do clients that I don't know.

The rest were split between the 35 and 85 f1.8's

Yeah yeah, I know, but I still love it!

This is the wedding I shot 90% of on my 58. Thankfully my friends love it (I hate shooting friends weddings!)

http://www.andydanephotography.co.uk/andy-alice-preview/

Very nice Andy. I suppose I'm in the camp now that whatever I buy is going to be a lesser used lens anyway. I'm toying with this or a 70-200. I will use my 35 & 85 prob 90% of the time. Trying to justify it to myself, oh well, it's only money! I've had a 70-200 before and they're handy to have but didn't use that much.

For me to get the 58 I'd have to sell the 35 and 85 and still add £450 to it... :rolleyes:

Thankfully my July weddings paid for it. Only have one in August though, then another 3 in September. Still, happy with my first year of business.

Sounds very successful mate. Being someone who doesn't make any money anymore from the camera i find it hard to justify that kind of cash. I think if i were to sell the 35 and 85 it would have to be for the 24-70 but the size and weight is what is holding me back. Having said that, i have just took delivery of the 18-35 and having a zoom is very nice indeed. I always thought that the 35 and 85 would be enough but I'm not so sure now. Maybe i need to bite the bullet and go for the zoom... Decisions decisions...

Don't get the Nikon 24-70 now. When you come to sell (well... unless it's in 2 weeks like usual :D) the new one will be out and yours will have lost a fair chunk of money even if you buy a used one.

Sounds very successful mate. Being someone who doesn't make any money anymore from the camera i find it hard to justify that kind of cash. I think if i were to sell the 35 and 85 it would have to be for the 24-70 but the size and weight is what is holding me back. Having said that, i have just took delivery of the 18-35 and having a zoom is very nice indeed. I always thought that the 35 and 85 would be enough but I'm not so sure now. Maybe i need to bite the bullet and go for the zoom... Decisions decisions...

Yeah, I couldn't justify it if it was just a hobby. One of the reasons I haven't reduced my hours in the day job (yet) is that I can use all of the income to kit myself out how I want to be. 99% of the way there now, just going to get a second D750 after September.

Then hopefully, reduce my hours in the day job by at least a day a week come the new year.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record and getting on everyones tits, i don't like the fact it extends. I know it's stupid as it's a cracker of a lens and superb value.

Yes @JYC that's another thing that is holding me back. Thing is, i have always thought Nikons VR was crap so I'm not sure it would be of benefit to me anyway. But dropping prices will be just my luck. :LOL:

I knew i should have listened to @twist and bought the 50mm f1.4... :p

Back