Nikon D750 & D780

I just had another look on Panamoz and there is now no reference to there 3% BACS payment discount. So wondering whether they have stopped this method of payment. Luckily I applied for it 2 days ago so can still get the discount which will pay for the memory cards.

I would suggest that you email Tina at Panamoz to ask about the BACS option before placing an order - she seems so willing to help if it is possible from my experience !

@minnnt I'm surprised you;re getting rid of the 70-300 VC, those pictures looks spot on to me - what you swapping up to?

Oh, good god - please say you're not swapping.

Ah, I see - the 70-200 f4 - been there done that (link), I didn't rate it that much, but couldn't process quiet as well back then.

Last edited:
I'd have guessed either a 70D, or a 7d II

Lmao. No. Not swapping. It's an accompaniment...

For now. :D

Joking aside, I was just looking at the thread for the Canon 70-200 f4 lens and was suprised how cheap some of the Canon lenses are from MPB and even new. I think Chris just paid £395 for a brand new 70-200 f4 from Currys, seems bit of a bargain to me, after only having a quick look.

Joking aside, I was just looking at the thread for the Canon 70-200 f4 lens and was suprised how cheap some of the Canon lenses are from MPB and even new. I think Chris just paid £395 for a brand new 70-200 f4 from Currys, seems bit of a bargain to me, after only having a quick look.

certainly cheaper than the Nikon version - which is a really good lens

certainly cheaper than the Nikon version - which is a really good lens
The IS version, which I believe is the comparable one to the Nikon, is similarly priced to the Nikon. In fact the Canon is about £30 more, although currys have 10% off at the mo I believe.

According to DXO the Nikon is a better lens too :p

Last edited:
How does the 750 compare to a d3s at iso`s round the 2000 to 6000 mark.
I image that the 750 af is better.
Thanks.

Thanks.
I've not seen any direct comparisons in high ISO but have between the D3s and D4, then the D4 vs D750 and there's little in it tbh. But the D750 has twice the resolution and so if you downsized it to 12mp I'm sure you'd see more of a difference in the D750's favour.
I would imagine the AF is significantly better on the D750 too, but without testing sideburns side can't say for sure.

The IS version, which I believe is the comparable one to the Nikon, is similarly priced to the Nikon. In fact the Canon is about £30 more, although currys have 10% off at the mo I believe.

According to DXO the Nikon is a better lens too :p

Exactly, people need to remember to compare like for like.

( not strictly true...m43 ( cough ))

You never actually bought the A7rii though so it was a big move to sell all (most of) the Nik stuff. :p

When i change systems i do always replace the old one within a few days. :D

Yes, a daft gas move but I saw the light, and like I said, I had a (full) second system in place at the time so I wasn't without ;)

2 weeks you'll have a 6d and wonder why you got rid of the d750.

Thanks.

I've owned both. My real world, non-scientific findings are: For noise, the D750 is bettter. For colour reproduction the D750 is better. For resolution, the D750 is better (downsizing images allows for more extreme noise reduction). For AF ability in low light, the D750 is better.

The only thing better about the D3s is the buffer and the build quality, but neither advantages will affect the majority of users.

Guess whats on my shopping list (link) :whistle:

To be honest I find the noise handling on the D750 every bit as good as my D4 (even with more pixels), which is one of the reasons I sold the D4

Back