Nikon D750 & D780

Oh, and ordered the Lowepro Event Messenger 150 in black and wasn't prepared to pay extra for the 'green' one ;) Looked at a youtube video of the Urban Messenger and the guy said that the buckles were a bit of a faff as I thought. Not opening but having to feed the straps back through. Event Messenger better for me as can just close with the velcro when wanting to keep going in and out of the bag, then a single snap clip when more security needed.

Its not green, its grey! :rolleyes:

Oh, and got a used G7x whilst I wait for the DL24-85 to come out and drop in price :D

Lol, wouldn't be hard to track me down, I come up on google :p

As for that other lens, I would have had it in a flash but he messed about saying he didn't want to split the kit, then he did, then he didn't :rolleyes:

To late now, but Cardiff isn't a million miles from me, I could have bought for you and sent on.

Any of you seen this?

D5 vs D750

Nikon-D5-vs.-D750-ISO-comparison.jpg

D5 vs D4s.

Nikon-D5-vs.-D4s-ISO-comparison.jpg

Oh, and got a used G7x whilst I wait for the DL24-85 to come out and drop in price :D

You did what now!?! Where what how? Been trying to track one down without much luck. I waiting for the DL24-85 to go down in price so an interim little toy camera is needed!

.... then he did, then he didnt, then he did, then he didnt.
He did come across as a bit of an idiot, especially as he was brand new.

IMO they shouldn't allow that sort of stuff anyway. Stick to eBay if you want to make a few quid.

Also hilarious to see how many of us are also on the other place!

You did what now!?! Where what how? Been trying to track one down without much luck. I waiting for the DL24-85 to go down in price so an interim little toy camera is needed!
Lol, the G7x is no more or less of a toy than the DL24-85 ;)

Fleabay, someone listed a (allegedly) blemish free UK model as a BIN or best offer so made an offer and he accepted :)

Any of you seen this?

D5 vs D750

Nikon-D5-vs.-D750-ISO-comparison.jpg

D5 vs D4s.

Nikon-D5-vs.-D4s-ISO-comparison.jpg
Impressive. Thank god the D5 is massively outside of my price bracket otherwise I could have been tempted :LOL:
What site as this?

I don't mind waiting. I am hoping the G7x can cure the interim GAS as growing to hate my smartphone for any pictures! @snerkler glad to hear you bagged one in your price point.
Thanks. Function wise and menu wise the RX100-III I had was better (plus had EVF) but as you know it's got very slight inconsistencies in AF sharpness which bugged me. I haven't tested a G7x for that specifically, but I did the G5x and that was fine and I believe the G7x is the same system so fingers crossed. G7x was £100 cheaper than the RX100 too ;)

TZ100 comes out tomorrow, looks tempting too if you're happy to sacrifice lens speed for focal range and a viewfinder (y)

All on a bit of a compact camera spree recently haha

Picked up an original RX100 the other day, 2 week holiday to Japan coming up and haven't decided whether to take the D750 as well yet...

All on a bit of a compact camera spree recently haha

Picked up an original RX100 the other day, 2 week holiday to Japan coming up and haven't decided whether to take the D750 as well yet...

For Japan I would deffo take my d750 as it be once in a lifetime if I went

Reactions: JYC
TBH i agree with Andrew but the RX100 is very capable indeed.
Agreed. This was something that I was factoring in with my decision to get rid of the Olly and just have a 1" sensor compact and my D750, 1" for general travel and can always use the D750 if I'm ever lucky enough to have a hol of a lifetime, which Japan would be for me too. BUT these 1" compacts are very capable and so it all depends on whether you want absolute best IQ and bulk, or very very good IQ and convenience. The only issues with the original RX100 is that it's a comparatively slow lens, and stops down very quickly once you move away from the wide end. Plus the wide end is only 28mm. What am I saying, take the D750 ;)

Just reading this and thought I'd be taking both I've got a RX100 as well and D750 and a Fuji Xpro1 along wiht several film cameras I think I have issues as I appear to collect expensive things as I have 3 Minis too!!!

Well I've just really f***ed up. Word to the wise, the little power ribbon to the back screen isn't very tough. :rolleyes:

What have you just done?

He prob taking a picture to show us... Wonder how he manage that

Thanks guys, was leaning towards taking the D750 as well, think you have just sealed the deal. Will take the 24-120 and the 35mm 1.8G I think, keep it fairly light.

@minnnt nooo what have you done? Or to be precise how did you do it?!

edit: I've used Fixation before no probs, but they are a short distance away from work so was very convenient. Not sure about what the best option for someone in the mids is.

Cant see a problem with that image??

Back