Nikon D750 & D780

Quite like this one too..

32866091595_bd97ce5344_b.jpg
Really like all three of those Kris, good pose and really good lighting, is that just one light and a refector?

As it is there, probably half hour. Have to put something hard underneath too as I have carpet, easier with a hard floor.
I saw the flattened boxes.
Ah so the framework is permanently up.
Don't have the room to do that at the min. So back to the drawing board on that

Really like all three of those Kris, good pose and really good lighting, is that just one light and a refector?

Yup, that's all.

I saw the flattened boxes.
Ah so the framework is permanently up.
Don't have the room to do that at the min. So back to the drawing board on that

It's a couple of pieces of mdf together, sometimes use a pack of laminate clipped together. I have the flash centres background support kit so that with a roll of paper takes about 10 mins to put up, take down. The paper roll is a standard size cut down to about 2.2M which is longest I can get width way in my living room.

It's a couple of pieces of mdf together, sometimes use a pack of laminate clipped together. I have the flash centres background support kit so that with a roll of paper takes about 10 mins to put up, take down. The paper roll is a standard size cut down to about 2.2M which is longest I can get width way in my living room.

That doesn't too bad. To be honest just looking at different ideas. We have hard flooring so that sounds like it could be alright. I do like the colour of the background too.

Is it just a standard reflector on a stand?

Last edited:
Wow! 500 images every day, that's some snapping.

Up-to mind Kris!.......I'm ambulant disabled and with other medical problems I don't work. Luckily we live right on the edge of a Private Woodland and Countryside so I get loads of birds in the garden and snap them to take away the boredom being on my own, until Clare arrives home. It helps me to keep a little sane:eek:

Two photos from my Helios 44-2 cheapo lens (£17 in total, including adaptor). Manual Focus is hard as the lens has a huge focusing throw...

Orchard
by Nick, on Flickr

Regents Park
by Nick, on Flickr
LIke the Bench one, Maybe more DOF would have been good, f2 is a bit short. also have you considered a conversion ?

LIke the Bench one, Maybe more DOF would have been good, f2 is a bit short. also have you considered a conversion ?
Definitely a shot needling less DOF imo :p

With a forecast of light snow (it doesn't happen very often in Bedfordshire and less often on a weekend too!) I took a trip out to Woburn and was pleasantly surprised to find snow. There was just enough for photos to work but the deer were near impossible to find. I saw this group of leaves that were the only ones left on this tree, with the falling snow I though it was worth trying something different for me.

Hanging On
by Rob Cain, on Flickr

After nearly 4 hours of walking about I did manage to find a group of Sika deer that were just about in range but really too far off for it to be any good.

Sika Deer in the snow
by Rob Cain, on Flickr

Last edited:
Up-to mind Kris!.......I'm ambulant disabled and with other medical problems I don't work. Luckily we live right on the edge of a Private Woodland and Countryside so I get loads of birds in the garden and snap them to take away the boredom being on my own, until Clare arrives home. It helps me to keep a little sane:eek:

Ah, that context put some perspective on it. Sounds a lovely setting for that, I do wonder whether later in life I will get into wildlife and landscape more myself, just too busy with work/family at present.

Love these Rob, colours are gorgeous and great comp

With a forecast of light snow (it doesn't happen very often in Bedfordshire and less often on a weekend too!) I took a trip out to Woburn and was pleasantly surprised to find snow. There was just enough for photos to work but the deer were near impossible to find. I saw this group of leaves that were the only ones left on this tree, with the falling snow I though it was worth trying something different for me.

Hanging On
by Rob Cain, on Flickr

After nearly 4 hours of walking about I did manage to find a group of Sika deer that were just about in range but really too far off for it to be any good.

Sika Deer in the snow
by Rob Cain, on Flickr

Someone better get this thread back to the top! :)

I'd have made a better job of this if it hadn't been muddy and I wasn't relying on holding the camera low with one hand and using the screen to frame. That's my excuse...

QykRUodERH3-0D3ZEtalFtxCt2hvWLt1RBkoIs22v60tyGkOCtURXTq6ccSIpiQjK0x6gplKrfchyhH0VMQby-YGj073_erZwEGRY6d830H4_2iXRjgOh6q4sOilOohCL0yfPR264znE2-TSkk8V2XMVNElcchYkCI5GBJjCAMxrK7A7mPXVSl00cMD13yNOnb973zvqRFdyESsyRy6zxyZ3-yihrCJThkO28r8VlJwkg5C-npKvLxHtTmIk9qJFsPf9_VlxKHmnMmjkSWI0MeAR9HcyiABcKgEzPtNY7LW2KisFTJ08EU0HYnkgpP5fYhU0CDy_9d_VRY8AAT9QNKjBVoFugJE8hntoaoJ_NeFXb9WIbYqN0iGXpIClmLagX2OlR2udmeIYYMla9E_elEp3-HA0E9v4TJJ8uC4M33o7f-tmE2AR3wMYIFAoFlkgjJTJS5SXNKRKuEby0delWX-DWW5RgklLH1LrHfa-9uyBmI0qsvUGEg_lWL6uqE6vlRVy9m7Ptc-hj0nsHkVLcnfPFYjgZrYbQchfLE00n9YYzdRXAysz43Vw-TUdOUHIzWSfQ9eA-woxBEC1UXce0cC89y2I3tR-6Xl4mQ4voWInlaHXf4F6ag=w580-h773-no

Love these Rob, colours are gorgeous and great comp
Thanks Maria.

Someone better get this thread back to the top! :)

I'd have made a better job of this if it hadn't been muddy and I wasn't relying on holding the camera low with one hand and using the screen to frame. That's my excuse...

QykRUodERH3-0D3ZEtalFtxCt2hvWLt1RBkoIs22v60tyGkOCtURXTq6ccSIpiQjK0x6gplKrfchyhH0VMQby-YGj073_erZwEGRY6d830H4_2iXRjgOh6q4sOilOohCL0yfPR264znE2-TSkk8V2XMVNElcchYkCI5GBJjCAMxrK7A7mPXVSl00cMD13yNOnb973zvqRFdyESsyRy6zxyZ3-yihrCJThkO28r8VlJwkg5C-npKvLxHtTmIk9qJFsPf9_VlxKHmnMmjkSWI0MeAR9HcyiABcKgEzPtNY7LW2KisFTJ08EU0HYnkgpP5fYhU0CDy_9d_VRY8AAT9QNKjBVoFugJE8hntoaoJ_NeFXb9WIbYqN0iGXpIClmLagX2OlR2udmeIYYMla9E_elEp3-HA0E9v4TJJ8uC4M33o7f-tmE2AR3wMYIFAoFlkgjJTJS5SXNKRKuEby0delWX-DWW5RgklLH1LrHfa-9uyBmI0qsvUGEg_lWL6uqE6vlRVy9m7Ptc-hj0nsHkVLcnfPFYjgZrYbQchfLE00n9YYzdRXAysz43Vw-TUdOUHIzWSfQ9eA-woxBEC1UXce0cC89y2I3tR-6Xl4mQ4voWInlaHXf4F6ag=w580-h773-no
One post in 24 hours is unheard of in this thread!

Random day off tomorrow, so I'm going to the Brecon Beacons for a recce - although I must be out of my mind as I think it's going to p*** it down.

Should be some nice 'atmosphere' if nothing else. :confused:

Random day off tomorrow, so I'm going to the Brecon Beacons for a recce - although I must be out of my mind as I think it's going to p*** it down.

Should be some nice 'atmosphere' if nothing else. :confused:
Don't forget to take a brolly lol
Last time I was in the beacons must have been 40ish years ago. God that makes me feel older now [emoji53] [emoji22]

Back