Nikon D750 & D780

Lens cost more than the Body ha ha

Had a day out in ristorante today, bit wet but not too bad a day. I am going through my photos for the day, and notice I can't edit the second half of the day properly. Looking at the image number at top of screen, I see for some reason the bloody camera has changed to jpeg instead of raw. Can't work out why or how, I certainly didn't intentionally do it, didn't go into any menus during the day, so must have pushed something sometime, cannot work it out, any advice on this?

Had a day out in ristorante today, bit wet but not too bad a day. I am going through my photos for the day, and notice I can't edit the second half of the day properly. Looking at the image number at top of screen, I see for some reason the bloody camera has changed to jpeg instead of raw. Can't work out why or how, I certainly didn't intentionally do it, didn't go into any menus during the day, so must have pushed something sometime, cannot work it out, any advice on this?
Prob push the quality button on the left hand side at the back of the camera??

Got it, must have pushed that when altering ISO, by mistake, bugger! Can't believe I done that. All fingers and thumbs, typed Bristol, and it come out as in thread as 'ristorante ' , bloody predictive txt.

Last edited:
Got it, must have pushed that when altering ISO, by mistake, bugger! Can't believe I done that. All fingers and thumbs, typed Bristol, and it come out as 'r
Prob why they shift the ISO button tot he top on the D500 lol.. nah we all make silly mistake sometime pal..

Yes good idea moving ISO button, didn't know it was on top on D500.
You can set the record button on the D750 to be the ISO button if you wish pal.. this could help prevent doing the same error again..

But D500 has a standard ISO button at the top

Only lens I might get now is the Samyang 14mm 2.8 - otherwise pretty well covered as been buying FX glass for the last few years

You can set the record button on the D750 to be the ISO button if you wish pal.. this could help prevent doing the same error again..

But D500 has a standard ISO button at the top
This is what I have done on my one.

@rookies what happened with your d750, is it sorted or are you back on the D500?

Yes good idea moving ISO button, didn't know it was on top on D500.
As Rookies said you can set the record button as ISO on the D750. Every D750 user should do this as the first thing they do when they get the camera ;)

I see that Panamoz have taken the opportunity to update their website and hike the prices. Been watching the 58 for some time as it's been out of stock. Was £850 on the old site but now £1145!! FFS! Oh, and of course, they have stock now.

im on there now and cant see that?

Ignore that thought we were on about sigma lenses doh

Last edited:
Ill be watching you lot so no funny stuff ok.
Ok so this wasnt taken with the D750 but I thought its a funny shot.
DSC_8000_02017 by Graham, on Flickr

I see that Panamoz have taken the opportunity to update their website and hike the prices. Been watching the 58 for some time as it's been out of stock. Was £850 on the old site but now £1145!! FFS! Oh, and of course, they have stock now.

Looks like the UK price has gone up £200 since September and sits at £1349.

http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/Nikon/Nikon-FX-Lenses/Nikon-AF-S-58mm-f1.4-G-Lens

I'm guessing Panamoz prices are always going to be around 20% cheaper than UK prices. Probably partly down to the poor exchange rate as they wouldn't be getting the same back after the currency conversion.

At least it's still cheaper than the UK price. The 70-200 f4 is currently £989 in the UK but £1069 on Panamoz.

Last edited:
Looks like Panamozhave also taken the opportunity to change their Terms and Conditions too. Under 1, 2 & 3 year warranties it now says "This warranty program is valid for the original purchaser only". Looks like they won't be transferring warranties in the future when people sell the gear second hand.

http://panamoz.com/terms-conditions

Edit: I've just noticed the T&Cs are dated as "** Last updated on July 28th, 2014".

Last edited:
Hi, seem to have an issue with my left memory card slot. I can't push the memory card in and get it to 'pop' out. I can pull it out. The other slot works fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Ah, that's going to clear you out. What's your logic over selling the 750 over the 810?

I darent look at Leicas and such, divorce material.

I tend to use he d800 for "studio" type stuff and that's wha I shoot most of. Also the odd bit of macro which is good on the d800. Landscapes and night sky are fine on the d800 too.

Hi, seem to have an issue with my left memory card slot. I can't push the memory card in and get it to 'pop' out. I can pull it out. The other slot works fine.

Any ideas?

Cheers.

You might have a bit of crud stuck inside. How does the card itself look, any bits broken? I don`t know if this might help at all, but found it on utube ...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgTK5g_jMjI

Any ideas?
No idea if the D750 is similar, but I had problem with the slot in my D3200 and found the latch was stuck in the locked position. It's hard to explain, but I used a small metal spatula (a thin screwdriver would likely work too or perhaps something like a wooden ice cream stick) and slid it down the side of the slot and I could feel the latch: needed to spring it back to get it to work again.

Hope that very bad description helped.

You might have a bit of crud stuck inside. How does the card itself look, any bits broken? I don`t know if this might help at all, but found it on utube ...
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgTK5g_jMjI

No idea if the D750 is similar, but I had problem with the slot in my D3200 and found the latch was stuck in the locked position. It's hard to explain, but I used a small metal spatula (a thin screwdriver would likely work too or perhaps something like a wooden ice cream stick) and slid it down the side of the slot and I could feel the latch: needed to spring it back to get it to work again.

Hope that very bad description helped.

Cheers. Can't see anything inside, but the slot is very narrow.

I can take photographs and will use the other slot to take photographs from. If I start poking around I'm likely to bugger it up more :)

Cheers.

Back