Nikon D750 & D780

TBH until I've owned one (not saying that I will) I can't really say for sure whether I'd like it or not, but from the brief spell I had with it I did like the rendering. AF was only slow when subject distance was hugely different, once focussed on a subject subsequent focus on the subject was snappy. For me it's all about the f1.4 though whichever way I go, if at all ;)

58mm?! Got one with a fixed and aligned CPU coming haha!

Got my full refund back from Panamoz for my D500, now need to decide whether hold onto the cash and wait to see what the D820 has to offer, or give into GAS and maybe look at getting a 50mm f1.4, possibly the Sigma Art? I've kind of talked myself out of the D810 due to the frame rate, hence why I might wait to see what the D820 offers ;)
Hold on a couple of weeks and you can tell us all if the D7500 is any good!

Got my full refund back from Panamoz for my D500, now need to decide whether hold onto the cash and wait to see what the D820 has to offer, or give into GAS and maybe look at getting a 50mm f1.4, possibly the Sigma Art? I've kind of talked myself out of the D810 due to the frame rate, hence why I might wait to see what the D820 offers ;)

Buy the Sigma 50 Art, its a brilliant lens!!!!!

Buy the Sigma 50 Art, its a brilliant lens!!!!!
It's on the radar for sure. Unfortunately like with cameras there always seems to be a compromise. One of the advantages or primes is they're generally relatively lightweight, but you can't exactly say that with the Art lenses. Plus it's not a lens I think I'll use all that much so it's hard to look past the Nikon's at £240 ish used.

We shall see, I'm in no rush ;)

I don't take as many photos once the sun comes out of hibernation as I do in winter. Hence nothing to post here. :coat:

Not seen any of your cock shots for a while, Dave!
The avian flu restrictions have kept poultry under cover until yesterday round here, and all poultry gatherings are still prohibited nationwide. So no shows or auctions to go to since December. :(

I like to have a bit of a laugh and a yolk...

:coat::coat::coat:
icon_gunfight.gif

Reading all these puns is making my head scrambled :coat:

To get the thread back on track....

Has anyone hatched any plans to use their D750s this weekend?

So the other day we go for a walk around some wetlands and near the end we see a great blue heron. We're probably, at most, 15m from it. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me. Today we do the walk again and, of course, there's no gbh as I've remembered the camera this time. Go figure!

Thinking of taking mine to church o take some shots of the vicar doing his sermon . (NOT) .

So the other day we go for a walk around some wetlands and near the end we see a great blue heron. We're probably, at most, 15m from it. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me. Today we do the walk again and, of course, there's no gbh as I've remembered the camera this time. Go figure!
Doesn't just happen to me then :LOL:

To get the thread back on track....

Has anyone hatched any plans to use their D750s this weekend?
Yes, I'll be using mine, as I'm driving from the south of France on my merry way to blighty, I'll be stopping here and there for any photographic opportunities I see. Once there, next Thursday I venture into South Norfolk for 4 days.

Yes, I'll be using mine, as I'm driving from the south of France on my merry way to blighty, I'll be stopping here and there for any photographic opportunities I see. Once there, next Thursday I venture into South Norfolk for 4 days.
Had to look that up, never heard anyone refer to it as outh Norfolk before!

Last edited:
Back