Nikon D750 & D780

To get the thread back on track....

Has anyone hatched any plans to use their D750s this weekend?

Yes, away with the family for 3 nights, was out for sunset tonight and probably the next 2, we are all going looking for seals tomorrow and will catch at least 1 sunrise. Plus the usual kids shots too.

Yep bit of a typo there. I meant I had to check which part was referred to as South Norfolk. I knew which parts were referred to as West Norfolk and North Norfolk.
Ah OK, yeah south is generally south [emoji38] [emoji23] [emoji38] [emoji23] [emoji38] [emoji23] [emoji38] [emoji23] [emoji38]

Last edited:
Certainly are solid, we work for Trinity House lighthouse Authority and it certainly gets heavy use. The two vessels you mention are still in Falmouth, they are a lot younger than ours, which was originally the Horning.

Lost my eyecup for my D750 the other day, tempted to try one of the round ones like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/First2savv...=1492245083&sr=8-5&keywords=nikon+d750+eyecup has anyone used one of these and are they any better than the normal ones?
Looks like a cheaper version of the Nikon adaption, looks OK to me and in some situations I prefer this type of eyepiece to the original. It does interfere with the flippy screen though, but it's not much of an issue.

Not seen the Godox before looks very interesting, how do you rate it Tim?

Love it, it's a touch bigger than a normal flash but with a fresnel head and a bare bulb, and a massive rechargeable li-on battery. It's capable off over 500 full power pops and the battery is built into the unit so no wires! recycle time is so much better than a normal flash too. All for under £300!

I'll take that as a compliment, but the 85mm 1.8 is such a good lens for the money.

I just get lucky most of the time!

Don't know about that, all the pictures I have seen taken at 1.8 or 2.8 on your 70-200 are spot on with the subject being in focus.

Don't know about that, all the pictures I have seen taken at 1.8 or 2.8 on your 70-200 are spot on with the subject being in focus.

I don't have a 70-200!

Trust me though, I do take OOF shots, you just don't see them!

Another, got this in landscape but can't make my mind up on it...

Amelia and the bluebells by Tim G, on Flickr

Ahh, thought you did.

But the ones we do are beautiful, love the colour and bokeh.

I don't have a 70-200!

Trust me though, I do take OOF shots, you just don't see them!

Another, got this in landscape but can't make my mind up on it...

Amelia and the bluebells by Tim G, on Flickr
Awesomeness shot M8, really like this one,lovely colours.

Here's 2 from yesterday's travel via the alps. The adventure continues.
Sorry if they look a little off, not really done any pp on these and not got lightroom on Mt phone or tablet.

Attachments

• GRE_4741.JPG
    GRE_4741.JPG
    151.7 KB · Views: 34
  • GRE_4763.JPG
    GRE_4763.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 32
Thank @AndyFo, it was a Godox AD200 mounted camera right in a octobox.
Looks an interesting flash that, how's it compare to Nikon Speedlights? What size octobox?

Back