Nikon D750 & D780

We went for a walk around the wetland today (no rain; sunshine and getting close on 17C!) AND had my camera with me. We saw the gbh but it was on the other side of the wetland area. This is a shot taken with the 70-300VR and fiddled about with in PS to make it a wee bit larger. All told it's probably more than a 50% crop.

Hiding in plain sight by Paul, on Flickr

@snerkler Well it has HSS/TTL and 200w so it's about 3 times as powerful as a normal flash. Never used a Nikon flash always had Godox. Doesn't have a hot shoe. The octobox is 80cm.
Thanks. So it's off camera only, guess you can think of it as a small battery powered studio light then ;)

Where did everyone jump ship too?

I got an 810, but still lurk around here ;) I do need to find somewhere to share pix though :D The 800 thread is like a dust bowl ...

Last edited:
Just in case anyone is thinking of getting 64GB cards for the D750 anytime soon. The sandisk 95mb/s 64GB cards are £25.99 on amazon (only for another 14hrs). There is a link to them in the thread below:

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...-pro-64gb-sd-card-£25-99.651917/#post-7800281

I've been meaning to pick one up for a while, I'm going to keep it in slot 2 for backing images and never remove it. It's plenty big enough for my needs for that job.

No cock photos today.:p

tumklm2aFSaO_GiDM5CDC22my0oK9y0fojoS2Kh0C1ku31rNAqM34wOMCt0v8gMtLivKyhf8j462nT8fKuAH5Uy2dlZkhlQzHuIReVi7C7dtsElM6mkEeFuhsOuxYjJKctib9EmU7gIOxtTyg37N5kW6YdnQbbBby1yCbr4sg0MAySSmWmoaYGH1EEufVHJPL2oRG2kEaxXSNoieZVEsZyyn2hS0d09a_C6rgcuQZ5ciO7_nFV1uWN1tOmp54Epxbp2VKKXLrmhB_9rGuRGfDGcn-IJQsyQMQ-kXj3YvoN2ueXvMGmqoPq8k6QSjatCKU9DyUgej02s8jnrFrROQAsZ-yu28FG3XRrVrqQfqZyhfK5CW6uOTwRB57_Cxqzs0HZTfBPN_S5yr6OruGyHUM06yUyAPquVRv2V-AlFp__Vm9ps3uuOa8hOZ7DNBdUyTs2LmtXpqwrTRTYUpL7OTy_qbEdKCt3CdOp76t7eu61l1Ma5SsUZHRyYlY2tZEOFpWuhr2vQhH8LcYXyDadnAdIEx9JWXDSZUhvmfe5QBfke5ydSQiX-wHTPMez_1JKWrkoJCUuqtPICNfr_7B83RzUDLfGefOUQpUeLuWgl6ZZTFajQvJInG-g=w900-h601-no

AoJ7fjsnUcmXgA7YLABYbNy5uizII4IzRw9vHY6pBnZe4Qg8h_U6IDJ_2ckkeTUp8G3hpe2ma1U1NGwz1i3WHIPdNaT1z9A000R9FvN7EA_mTtblLjNDQ-FTEtifjrGak3nuu8kICoQhDTczv3F3dmOdf4zrVDLClVWZ1C37OBn-GmBOKJbOoOvtH2VK-kVv_96Q3otOo_Sykq_TRU2cyovrCMKV3YKnq5GsGgllLu_VbsIsZzJADZ4OfpUr1alXq1y2qoHIj0TK30th-sacCtbsKN6ZcAhRbQP0_3g7rAQytPCtUf_aNhewoHTtF4VUu5NKLmDmALFCQwu60vmZpyGOJOdho8N_SReEhn3lA1uzjRMIwKwTaZ7o_n0DwfRrj0GGjmPGeURmZyMXYtTLi6yaFGiwdiNkfDZhbemASyo26bK5ey1tX1xGUO83gBrDY4gk8agH0A6so3XepGXmNy2s6Desm9bVqtXr2uaPBU-_5rKNDwkMGaEXjff5GnjU9Clno07IOzpnJqme5MQRGGx65bUFMPYePw_IIQIwYIqOILQCyn4baogxI0iGDaykax3AA5sXtBTtPPJ8AcOldvB8oox2icJJqgF1M96ZKQ2kWjxpeUIHwg=w900-h601-no

Photography has taken a break but back to taking pics soon.

Just need to sell on a few bits to get everything in place for our new arrival subject to his vetting on Thursday!

We went for a walk around the wetland today (no rain; sunshine and getting close on 17C!) AND had my camera with me. We saw the gbh but it was on the other side of the wetland area. This is a shot taken with the 70-300VR and fiddled about with in PS to make it a wee bit larger. All told it's probably more than a 50% crop.

Hiding in plain sight by Paul, on Flickr
Thats a lot of terrapins there! The 80's/90's ninja turtle craze has a lot to answer for (lets hope there isn't a second occurrence with them making a comeback on kids TV). Non native terrapins are probably going to be the next 'mink issue', especially if they manage to start breeding if we get warmer autumns.

Thats a lot of terrapins there! The 80's/90's ninja turtle craze has a lot to answer for (lets hope there isn't a second occurrence with them making a comeback on kids TV). Non native terrapins are probably going to be the next 'mink issue', especially if they manage to start breeding if we get warmer autumns.

That's not all of them. There two or three on a hummock closer to us. This wetland is bisected by a road and if you walk around it on a warm day you can see at least another three. Really, I had no idea there were any in this area, let alone 12-14 of them. They looked to be dinner plate sized as well.

Getting really p**** off with Nikon now, 17 days since accepted my 'repair' quote for the shutter fault and rang today to be told 'oh sorry looks like you are now no.3 in the queue so although we would normally finish repairs in 10 days I 'hope' we may be able to get your camera back by the end of the week'

Very poor service considering I am paying and it's not a free repair of a known but not admitted fault with a VERY expensive bit of camera kit!

Getting really p**** off with Nikon now, 17 days since accepted my 'repair' quote for the shutter fault and rang today to be told 'oh sorry looks like you are now no.3 in the queue so although we would normally finish repairs in 10 days I 'hope' we may be able to get your camera back by the end of the week'

Very poor service considering I am paying and it's not a free repair of a known but not admitted fault with a VERY expensive bit of camera kit!
Not good at all :(

That's poor mate. Mine was away for about 6 weeks all in all but that was with H. Lehmann playing intermediary silly buggers. There were so many lies going around I didn't know what the hell was actually happening or even where my camera was. Nikon didn't even know they had it and Lehmanns said they'd had it for 4 weeks. :LOL:

Timescales are approximate, have you included weekends and bank holidays in the 17 days?

Last edited:
Either ask for compensation if you agreed a timescale on the quote or instruct them to stop the repair.
And get a faulty camera returned? :confused:

No point in asking for it back when it needs to be fixed first! Nope 17 days includes the bank hols but nonetheless even the person taking my call said this is longer than it should be and she was going to monitor it to make sure it was done asap so that suggests to me that something has gone awry in getting it through the process but ultimately being this is the first occasion I have had cause to use Nikon service it's not exactly a great testament to the service in my opinion at least.

No point in asking for it back when it needs to be fixed first! Nope 17 days includes the bank hols but nonetheless even the person taking my call said this is longer than it should be and she was going to monitor it to make sure it was done asap so that suggests to me that something has gone awry in getting it through the process but ultimately being this is the first occasion I have had cause to use Nikon service it's not exactly a great testament to the service in my opinion at least.

Yeah the person was giving you the customer service treatment. But really its about 10 working days and approx.14 days from acceptance to return. I don't class that as bad.

Last edited:

That sucks! I hope you get it back sooner than that, and faultless.

17 days is only a little over 10 working days when you take the bank holiday / public holiday into account.

Anyway, 17+ days and repaired correctly is (IMO) acceptable if a little longer than expected. Better than 10 days and the job is rushed and you have further problems.

I guess it depends on the quoted time if at all thinking about it. When I sent mine it they said 2-3 weeks but I said I needed it back ASAP so they marked it down as urgent, so if it's 2-3 weeks then 17 days including bank holiday is within the 'norm' I guess.

This doesn't include the week prior waiting for the initial estimate of course, so 'if' they do get it back to me this week which I am doubting it will be 4 weeks so def at the far end of the scale as far as I am concerned, if it's not till next week then frankly I personally consider it to be pretty poor

Back