Nikon D750 & D780

Picked it up earlier, it's bigger than I thought it would be, its even bigger than the 50mm. I.Q seems pretty good it was slightly front focusing but was able to sort it pretty quickly without even needing to use the dock which was a bit of a relief as I have had Sigma lenses before that front focused at short distances and back focused at longer distances but this one seems dead on.

New Toy Sigma 20mm Art
by www.purephotoni.com, on Flickr
Though they are in size order thats sets of my OCD being in the order of 20mm-50mm-35mm! How can Sigma (and probably Nikon too) live with that?

Ooohhh I got a full service a sensor clean as a gesture of goodwill according to the paperwork they emailed me today

Boom the d750 is on its way back should be here tomorrow
How long did it take for the recall? After 18 months I've just filled out the return form, hoping it will be sent off and back before christmas. Trying to get a free period to sent it off has been difficult, there's always something around the corner.

Ooohhh I got a full service a sensor clean as a gesture of goodwill according to the paperwork they emailed me today
It's probably the least Nikon can do with this whole recall fiasco.

Last edited:
How long did it take for the recall? After 18 months I've just filled out the return form, hoping it will be sent off and back before christmas. Trying to get a free period to sent it off has been difficult, there's always something around the corner.

It's probably the least Nikon can do with this whole recall fiasco.
They had it last Tuesday at there depot ad it was sent out today. Dpd are delivering tomorrow

Body all body nice and clean. Didn't replace my eyepiece for me thou.
Right having a brain fart moment for some reason I can't take rapid fire shots. All the settings haven't changed as far as I can see.

Body all body nice and clean. Didn't replace my eyepiece for me thou.
Right having a brain fart moment for some reason I can't take rapid fire shots. All the settings haven't changed as far as I can see.
Is it in the burst mode? i.e. CL CH

Check your shooting/display menu and the CL mode shooting speed

Is it in the burst mode? i.e. CL CH

Check your shooting/display menu and the CL mode shooting speed
If can only take one frame each time you press the shutter it's likely they have switch the sub dial underneath the mode selector on the top left. Like @markgodley says it's probabably in S and you need it in CL or CH to take continuous frames.

Easiest fix is to do a reset. However, I'm sure I've seen this before but can't remember what it was. I'll have a look at my camera when I get home and see if there's anything in the menus that I think might cause it.

Hi all.
Heres one from last nights sortie, The colours didnt materialize as I would have liked but at least I got some that were good enough.
Off into the Alps tomorrow, Just hope the clouds STAY AWAY.

The Storm 3 by Graham, on Flickr

Nikon must be low on D750 recalls, I only completed the recall request on Wednesday evening and the return label has been sent to me today. I will get it boxed up and dropped at the post office tomorrow.

Can I ask did anyone leave the battery in the camera when sending it in? I ticked only the body cap when completing the recall request but not sure if I should or shouldn't send it in with a battery.

I have never seen a problem with mine yet and if it does go tits up i have a d7000 on hand as a backup but I am going to send it in soon before the D850 recalls start:D
Same here. I had one err message early this year but nothing since. Still unsure if it's even worth getting the recall done as I've never had a problem. I have no firm photography plans over the next few weeks but I will have to slum it with a D810 for a week or two ;) hopefully the D750 will be back before Christmas.

Hi all.
Heres one from last nights sortie, The colours didnt materialize as I would have liked but at least I got some that were good enough.
Off into the Alps tomorrow, Just hope the clouds STAY AWAY.

The Storm 3 by Graham, on Flickr
Got to love the blues in this. Sometimes colours on the horizon just lose impact with a wide angle.

Nikon must be low on D750 recalls, I only completed the recall request on Wednesday evening and the return label has been sent to me today. I will get it boxed up and dropped at the post office tomorrow.

Can I ask did anyone leave the battery in the camera when sending it in? I ticked only the body cap when completing the recall request but not sure if I should or shouldn't send it in with a battery.

Same here. I had one err message early this year but nothing since. Still unsure if it's even worth getting the recall done as I've never had a problem. I have no firm photography plans over the next few weeks but I will have to slum it with a D810 for a week or two ;) hopefully the D750 will be back before Christmas.
I left the battery out.

I must do the recall request over the weekend, i need it next weekend for a mud run but will drop it in then the following Monday if the labels come through.

Last edited:
I’m considering selling up as just don’t get time anymore,and it’s a shame for a load of decent gear not getting used.
I’d have D750,D610,D7000 and loads of decent DX and FX glass,etc.
Which is the best dealer as can’t be bothered with selling in bits!
Just want to box it up and be done with it.
Don’t really want to give it away though.

They always say not to send the battery.

I’m considering selling up as just don’t get time anymore,and it’s a shame for a load of decent gear not getting used.
I’d have D750,D610,D7000 and loads of decent DX and FX glass,etc.
Which is the best dealer as can’t be bothered with selling in bits!
Just want to box it up and be done with it.
Don’t really want to give it away though.
Try a few, people like MPB, Harrisons and camera jungle. Don't use WEX as they only offer part ex.

Well it appears Nikon have proper borked my camera. The on board flash also doesn't work. I think the command dial for the shooting options hasn't been reconnected properly. I'll try and contact them on monday after I have moved this weekend. Not happy tbh

Well it appears Nikon have proper borked my camera. The on board flash also doesn't work. I think the command dial for the shooting options hasn't been reconnected properly. I'll try and contact them on monday after I have moved this weekend. Not happy tbh
thats not good at all. It doesn't help my feeling of if it isn't broke don't fix it. That doesn't install me with confidence sending mine away tomorrow.

A few shots from the Red Deer rut a few weeks ago. All with the D750 and Sigma 150-600C.
They may have been getting slightly over excited in the third shot:D:D

DSC_8052
by Philip Blair, on Flickr

DSC_7960

DSC_7945

DSC_7990

DSC_7841

DSC_8040
some good behaviour there Phil. Got to love a good fight, fantastic to witness. Great to see you captured the parallel walk prior to a fight to, thats an image Ive struggled to capture.

Back