Nikon D750 & D780

I gathered that :D:D:D

I almost forgot to do it. Literally just about to put it in the box.

Are you sending your one to Nikon?

When I called on Monday I was told 2 -4 weeks, was surprised when I had an email to say it was on it way.

Invoice said the following was replaced:

Side rubber unit
Rear rubber unit
Grip unit
Shutter plate unit

And a sensor clean.

Not sure what the top three parts they replaced are, if it is the rubber grips on the body, they were like new.

Invoice said the following was replaced:

Side rubber unit
Rear rubber unit
Grip unit
Shutter plate unit

And a sensor clean.

Not sure what the top three parts they replaced are, if it is the rubber grips on the body, they were like new.
I think it is the rubber on the grips, I think they have to take them off to get inside the body.

thanks for how to back up info. i think i should send mine soon. I have a window of no holiday, no family visiting, no birthday coming, maybe i should send it now!

Very nice at first but then I find the background a bit weird once you start looking into it. Did you just turn all the highlight all the way right down on the background?

Just some dark trees and bushes - think I will take some more time and black them all out.

Just some dark trees and bushes - think I will take some more time and black them all out.

JJ, i was looking on my old laptop when i commented before and the backround was pretty poor much brighter and smudged. But now i'm on my newer laptop with a better screen and the background is much darker indeed, much nicer picture now!

JJ, i was looking on my old laptop when i commented before and the backround was pretty poor much brighter and smudged. But now i'm on my newer laptop with a better screen and the background is much darker indeed, much nicer picture now!

I have changed it lol - it was some bushes behind that were still green. Still not 100% happy so still working on it so can canvas it!

Right, can anyone spot anything out of place, bad background etc. with this one? Ignore the fact there is more space above the ears - needed it to be there to wrap round the canvas so ears didn't go around the top edge!

Canvas5 by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

This was the original unedited RAW for comparison:

DSC_6535 by Justin Akehurst, on Flickr

Looks great Justin I think the only thing I would be tempted to do is just lighten the eye a fraction. Is this the horse that was put down? What was the problem it looked in pretty good nick here and if I remember rightly it wasn’t very long after you took these shots that you said it had been put down

Right, can anyone spot anything out of place, bad background etc. with this one? Ignore the fact there is more space above the ears - needed it to be there to wrap round the canvas so ears didn't go around the top edge!

Looks absolutely fine to me, better on Flickr too as it looks a touch soft on here but no such problem on flickr (y)

Turns out this was to be my last wedding portrait with the D750...

ZoS3CMZ.jpg

Great cameras that served me well and will continue to help photographers take superb images for many, many years to come (I know people who still shoot with a D700).

Last edited:
Looks absolutely fine to me, better on Flickr too as it looks a touch soft on here but no such problem on flickr (y)

I’m looking to do a small framed print for her to go with the pics but not sure who does best quality at cheap ish price!

I was looking at framed photo prints as Photobox but they have acrylic face and not glass so just not sure how good they look?

Any other suggestions what come out quite striking at around £40 max?? Photobox have 40% off at the moment.

I’m looking to do a small framed print for her to go with the pics but not sure who does best quality at cheap ish price!

I was looking at framed photo prints as Photobox but they have acrylic face and not glass so just not sure how good they look?

Any other suggestions what come out quite striking at around £40 max?? Photobox have 40% off at the moment.

For that money, best bet is get a quality print done from Loxley and buy a frame. From experience, dark prints can be difficult to print well. You’re guaranteed quality from Loxley. Cost you a tenner (lustre or photorag if you like fine art print), spend the rest on the frame.

Lovely portrait, only thing for me is the highlight on the back, my eye is drawn towards it. I’d either tone that down or clone it out altogether.

Turns out this was to be my last wedding portrait with the D750...

35839764_2125273904167322_4219897409469153280_o.jpg

Great cameras that served me well and will continue to help photographers take superb images for many, many years to come (I know people who still shoot with a D700).

Traitor [emoji3]

Pic isn’t working here?

For that money, best bet is get a quality print done from Loxley and buy a frame. From experience, dark prints can be difficult to print well. You’re guaranteed quality from Loxley. Cost you a tenner (lustre or photorag if you like fine art print), spend the rest on the frame.

Lovely portrait, only thing for me is the highlight on the back, my eye is drawn towards it. I’d either tone that down or clone it out altogether.

struggling with the highlight - cant seem to get it right! will carry on trying

Any tips?!

Last edited:
struggling with the highlight - cant seem to get it right! will carry on trying

Any tips?!

Looks like a PS situation, do you use PS?

I’d try using a curves layer and drag it down. Add a black mask and paint back gradually with a low flow. If that doesn’t work, I’d just clone it out.

Looks like a PS situation, do you use PS?

I’d try using a curves layer and drag it down. Add a black mask and paint back gradually with a low flow. If that doesn’t work, I’d just clone it out.

Yeah PS, never tried curves layer! Will look at that one. Think I should clone out the bright patch or make all below the light patch lighter?

Lovely shot and a really nice idea to frame it.
On the neck where the rope was, I`d be inclined to clone/copy the horses hair colour to match the surrounding hair and just above that there is a dark patch that could also be colour matched.
And also agree with the eye, a little lighter.

Lovely shot and a really nice idea to frame it.
On the neck where the rope was, I`d be inclined to clone/copy the horses hair colour to match the surrounding hair and just above that there is a dark patch that could also be colour matched.
And also agree with the eye, a little lighter.

The grey ish patch was one of his battle scars! Will have a play with clone on rope and see if I can brighten the eye!

Looks great Justin I think the only thing I would be tempted to do is just lighten the eye a fraction. Is this the horse that was put down? What was the problem it looked in pretty good nick here and if I remember rightly it wasn’t very long after you took these shots that you said it had been put down

Red (the horse) broke his leg a few years ago but pulled through and has basically been a happy field buddy. Sadly he injured himself in the field and was really struggling to move freely. Unfortuanatly the x-rays showed that the bone had deteriorated in the foot and there was nothing that could be done to reverse it and it would have been causing him pain.

Stunning, really like that!

There was a lovely local village 'wake' on yesterday which I decided to take my favourite combo (750/35). Haven't been shooting much with the 35 for some time, but always love the rendition and Nikon colours. Just a random couple. My daughter enjoyed her first Punch & Judy show..

Face Painting..

42084743505_3ab27ae6cb_b.jpg

29114124758_7a747fb16f_b.jpg

29114124938_6080ba33fd_b.jpg

42084746395_f37a0e95b8_b.jpg

Obviously we picked a spot for dad to shoot directly into the sun!

42084746975_d2e7a5621b_b.jpg

She's not much of a poser, really!

29114121078_15b66d517f_b.jpg

Changed my mind on Loxley Frame - came in quite high as didn't realise prices were +VAT! Will look for a frame elsewhere!

Back