Nikon F3 Lens mount compatibility

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Bought a Nikon F3 a few weeks ago - which is fantastic, really chiffed with it.

However I’m confused now - I have a 50mm f1.8 (non d) which works perfectly without issue.

Just tried popping my 28mm f2.8 D lens and when fitted the aperture ring won’t turn and is sat at f22.

I was under the impression that all lenses up to the G mount worked without an issue.

Any suggestions or am I misreading lens compatibility on the F3 as both lens mounts look identical.

I've done that as well.

For what it's worth, I have two Nikon F2s and an F3. One of them - I can't recall which - must have some sort of minor incompatibilty in the mount as I haven't found a Nikon body cap that will attach to it. No problem with lenses; just the body cap. I think it's one of the F2s. I can swap the same cap between all three, and on two of them it will stay attached. Nothing that a spot of superglue couldn't cure when I get round to it :eek:

For what it's worth, I have two Nikon F2s and an F3. One of them - I can't recall which - must have some sort of minor incompatibilty in the mount as I haven't found a Nikon body cap that will attach to it. No problem with lenses; just the body cap. I think it's one of the F2s. I can swap the same cap between all three, and on two of them it will stay attached. Nothing that a spot of superglue couldn't cure when I get round to it :eek:

That's interesting to know as I have several M fit menses for the Leica and although all the rear caps will attach to whatever lens I choose, they are not forced to be completely compatible ( sometimes they won't tighten properly) depending on the lens / cap configuration.
I try and keep the same cap for the same lens to avoid the problem.

Back