Nikon F80 help

Edit My Images
Yes
Yesterday I was handed a Nikon F80 by my aunt. It was in a bit of a mess but I took it home, cleaned it up and stuck some new batteries in it. However, I think there's a fault somewhere. When I look through the viewfinder the whole image appears blurred, even the digital display.
Does anyone know whats wrong with it? Is it ready for the bin or could it be repaired?

lol!! I've found out why. It was the little Dioptre Adjustment lever that was set wrong. What a noob! :D

EDIT: Actually, any tips for getting good results with this? I usually set my D50 to underexpose images slightly. This tends to give the best results. Is the F80 likely to be the same?

No! Film is different.
With positive (slide) film you underexpose a little to give better saturation to colours.
With negative film - colour or b/w you give it lots of light to give better shadow detail. Different films give different results, so experiment. Rule of thumb is negs need more, slides need less.
And a good printer makes all the difference (and I don't mean your Epson thingy - take it to a proper printers and get them done by hand).

nice ' gift ' .........

i keep meaning to break out my old Nikon F601 , i bought it brand new , body only way back in 1994 for £695 !!!! , i couldnt afford the F90 ( or F90x ) , they came in around the grand mark if memory serves,

how things change,

MyPix

Arkady said:
No! Film is different.
With positive (slide) film you underexpose a little to give better saturation to colours.
With negative film - colour or b/w you give it lots of light to give better shadow detail. Different films give different results, so experiment. Rule of thumb is negs need more, slides need less.
And a good printer makes all the difference (and I don't mean your Epson thingy - take it to a proper printers and get them done by hand).

Thanks Arkady. I've bought a roll of Fuji Velvia so I'll have a play and see what I come up with.

Velvia's brilliant stuff. Really. If digi didn't exist, I'd still be using Fuji for all my colour work. Get it printed by a decent printer if you can find one (there are still a few around - the negs/trannies are probably digitally scanned nowadays in most places - many labs use the Fuji Frontier which is a digital printer - unless you go to a hand-printing service, which will cost a fair bit extra).

Back