Nikon Full Frame to m4/3

costs wise a new OM1 is Still around 2k although cheaper used from reputable dealers .. the 100-400 is around £1200 new same applies used .
A used 1-mkiii can be bought used with dealer warranty for around £700 and is still a good choice to start . The onl6 real difference on the OM1 is bird / car/ train I.d .
Be careful if testing in shop as they tend to not have the cameras set up so your shooting in jpg with no bells and whistles ..
best to seek out someone local that uses Olympus and seek there help . If your anywhere near n.wales I can help .
Thanks for the comments, Jeff. I'm re-reading information on the different bodies - I'm a slow learner - to see which features I think are nice to have and ones that I feel I need. If I lived closer to N Wales I'd take you up on your offer in a heartbeat.

My thoughts on going to a shop was more to get a feel for the layout of buttons, controls and menus. I've been a Nikon only user for a long time and need to know if everything feels right in my hand.

Thanks for the comments, Jeff. I'm re-reading information on the different bodies - I'm a slow learner - to see which features I think are nice to have and ones that I feel I need. If I lived closer to N Wales I'd take you up on your offer in a heartbeat.

My thoughts on going to a shop was more to get a feel for the layout of buttons, controls and menus. I've been a Nikon only user for a long time and need to know if everything feels right in my hand.
Olympus cameras feel very alien compared to other cameras but it’s just different and when used to them you can customise them to suit.

What he said LOL .. but when you realise you can swing it around like it didn’t exist and grab focus with no shaking about due to i.b.i.s. It pays dividends ..
there are lots of users down your way to , i think if you can find a user on a NR and chat most would be willing to enlighten you ..once you try your hooked it’s like a cult religion
have a look at my peewit shot in the olympus Section today . Flock of birds ,shot wide open 300mm +1.4 tc edge to edge sharp .proof of the pudding etc

Last edited:
Back