Nikon has teamed up with the London Wetland Centre

Forbiddenbiker

The Enforcer
Name
Adam
Edit My Images
Yes
Re-Post of an old thread. (I just thought it was better this way.)

May event; At a wildlife refuge, with peeps from Nikon and pro Chris Packham?
A Photography workshop in Barnes London

http://www.wwt.org.uk/visit/wetlandcentre/event.asp?EventID=1706 << Edit; this is working now.

---

CT said:

Thanks CT.

----
Ex-members words.

Nikon has teamed up with the London Wetland Centre to offer an exciting weekend of activities for budding photographers. On Saturday 13 and Sunday 14 May the centre in Barnes will be hosting a Wildlife Photography Weekend.

Visitors to the centre will be given the opportunity to see and try the latest Nikon equipment and receive advice from Nikon experts. Wildlife photographer Chris Packham will be at the centre for the whole weekend, leading a programme of wildlife walks and lectures. There will also be the chance to attend sessions led by a Nikon trainer on composition of photographs.

For those wanting to learn about digiscoping, the art of taking photographs with a telescope and digital camera, there will be a number of small workshops which will provide an introduction.

On Sunday 14 May the centre will also be running its 6th annual Big Bird Race. Each year a trophy and prize is awarded to the birdwatcher who manages to record the highest number species of birds before 3.30pm in the afternoon. Bird experts will be on site to verify results.

Tim Hunnable, Group Planning Manager, Nikon UK, said: &#8216;We hope this event will give people the chance to get to grips with the latest photography as well as benefit from sessions led by Chris Packham.&#8217;

Events Manager, Catherine Worswick said: &#8216;The London Wetland Centre is the ideal place to learn about photography as it provides such a beautiful setting. There are also some great subjects here such as heron which obligingly tend to stay still enough to photograph easily. We are delighted to be working with Nikon on this event.&#8217;

All talks and walks are included in the price of entry to the centre and booking in advance is essential. For more information please call the London Wetland Centre on 020 8409 4400.

Email
catherine.worswick@wwt.org.uk
020 8409 4412

Notes to Editors

&#8226; The London Wetland Centre is open 7 days a week (except for 25th December) from 9.30am to 6pm (last admissions 5pm) in summer, 9.30am to 5pm (last admissions 4pm) in winter.

&#8226; Admissions charges until April 1st 2006: Adults &#163;6.75 Concession &#163;5.50 Child &#163;4 Family &#163;17.50. From April 1st 2006: Adults &#163;7.25, Concession &#163;6, Child &#163;4.50, Family &#163;18.50

&#8226; Located in the heart of our capital city, the centre attracts more than 170 different bird species annually, some of which such as Gadwall and Shoveler are present in nationally important numbers (leading to the site being designated a SSSI &#8211; Site of Special Scientific Interest). An increasing variety also breed at the centre, including Lapwing (a bird that has seen a 50% decline in numbers in the last decade alone), Reed and Sedge Warbler, Little-ringed Plover and Pochard. Recent rarities that have dropped in to the reserve include Cattle Egret, Goshawk, Marsh Warbler and Curlew Sandpiper.

I&#8217;m going on Saturday...possibly Sunday as well.

I'd love to meet some of you. :) I'll be with my Danny (12) we're really tall and lanky, sorry athletic, for our ages. :LOL:

Danny wears glasses, I have a tattoo on my right arm, err.
I'd post a piccy of me but I don't have a suitable one.

I'm friendly and mostly sane. ;)

Anybody else going?

unfortunately i wont no, but thanks for the heads up, be great to see some shots of the day!

Back