Nikon lens on ebay would like advise please

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
My camera is a Nikon D5200, I am no hurry to get a zoom lens but I saw this on ebay, I think it is compatible and the price is good (at least it seems like to me) what does the forum think

ebay link

Thanks

Last edited:
it’s a kit zoom. Ok build, ok quality not too fast. Could probably get a bit cheaper from ffordes or mpb, etc with some sort of warranty.
really depends what you eant to photograph with it as to whether its ok for your needs. Enlighten us.

Would like to get into photographing wildlife, I manage a few Robins but they didn't "pose" for very long .....a bit close

I'd save up more and get a 70-300 or something else. Even better a sigma or tamron 150-600. 200mm isn't enough for most wildlife and 200mm at f/5.6 isn't great either.

I've had one of these on my D3300 - good / cheap lens.
Cheaper from MPB with warranty, than the one you've indicated.
As has been said, a bit short for wildlife.

Thanks for the replies guys, a 300mm it is then

Thanks for the replies guys, a 300mm it is then
The 70-300 is a great lens but there are loads of variations on it, some for full-frame, some older versions. I know the FF is a great one, which is the 70-300 4.5-5.6. There’s an article on the internet somewhere explaining the differences.

The Nikon AF 70-300mm 4/5.6 G is good value, but won't auto focus on the D5200.
I have the AF-s DX 18-300 G ED VR on my D3300. Rather slow (f6.3) at the 300mm end, but a great travel lens.

Back