Nikon MB-D200 Grip

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
I was looking at adding one of these to my kit and spotted Digital i Shop in HK have an offer of the MB-D200 & 2 x EN-EL3e batteries (not original Nikon ones) for £76.99 & £20 carriage - Is there any UK based deal close to this price? (Kerso price £119 just for the grip btw)
Paul (y)

I'd go for it at that price, I have a couple of spare non-Nikon batteries and they are fine. The grip balances the camera very nicely and I doubt very much if you will find a deal as good as that anywhere else.

Thanks J & H - I was hoping to find a "sensible" price here in the UK just for the grip as when I bought my D200 I got a spare Nikon battery at the time - I can't envisage a situation when I'd need FOUR batteries in one go :shrug: although I could sell on the 2 spare batteries I suppose :thinking: - I have heard b4 what Hacker was saying about the grip balancing the D200 so if nothing else I am convinced about that ;)
Thanks again ... Paul ;)

I have a D200 for work and managed to get a grip on it as well - I agree with Hacker in that it balances the camera.

Thanks J & H - I was hoping to find a "sensible" price here in the UK just for the grip as when I bought my D200 I got a spare Nikon battery at the time - I can't envisage a situation when I'd need FOUR batteries in one go :shrug: although I could sell on the 2 spare batteries I suppose :thinking: - I have heard b4 what Hacker was saying about the grip balancing the D200 so if nothing else I am convinced about that ;)
Thanks again ... Paul ;)

I have four batteries with my camera that way when two are on charge there are still two in the grip ready to go.

I have recently taken delivery of my D200 grip courtesy of Kerso ... it does what it says on the tin ... and what Colin and others have mentioned here ... (y)

Having searched for a good price I can vouch for the fact you will not beat the HK one in UK ... but Kerso is hard to beat over here though ... imo !

I am just naturally over-cautious and impatient ... not sure I would ever buy from HK ... unless I was to visit the place ... and that is highly unlikely ... ;)

:p

Ven thanks for the input here - Was keen to support the likes of Kerso (who incidentally I recently ordered a lens from) but his price was a long way off this HK deal unfortunatley - even knocking a bit off for a fellow TPF'er I couldn't see him getting near)
I am just naturally over-cautious and impatient ... not sure I would ever buy from HK ... unless I was to visit the place ... and that is highly unlikely ...
I have used one HK dealer (OneStop) several times & have nothing but praise (even when things went a bit the way of the pear & I got a VAT / Customs charge - but as they promise any such charges will be reimbursed & they were quickly) - I haven't used the dealer I am using for the grip b4 so it is a bit of an unknown quantity (if it goes the way of the pear I will post hear & take the flames :eek:)
Delivery-wise mostly you are dealing with DHL & FedEx so it is 3 days max & I usually get my deliveries to work - easier to sneak some purchases home "under the radar" if you get my drift :naughty:
Regards & Seasonal Greetings ... Paul :wave:

Hi Guys, I can beat Warehouse on any lens price if that helps! Ian.

Ven thanks for the input here - Was keen to support the likes of Kerso (who incidentally I recently ordered a lens from) but his price was a long way off this HK deal unfortunatley - even knocking a bit off for a fellow TPF'er I couldn't see him getting near)

I have used one HK dealer (OneStop) several times & have nothing but praise (even when things went a bit the way of the pear & I got a VAT / Customs charge - but as they promise any such charges will be reimbursed & they were quickly) - I haven't used the dealer I am using for the grip b4 so it is a bit of an unknown quantity (if it goes the way of the pear I will post hear & take the flames :eek:)
Delivery-wise mostly you are dealing with DHL & FedEx so it is 3 days max & I usually get my deliveries to work - easier to sneak some purchases home "under the radar" if you get my drift :naughty:
Regards & Seasonal Greetings ... Paul :wave:

Hi Guys, I can beat Warehouse on any lens price if that helps! Ian.

And just about every other price :)

I'm getting my D80 grip and a spare battery from Kerso.... with the delivery charge the HK shops are wanting (£25), the price from Ian is too good to miss :)

Quick update - Grip arrived safe & sound this week via HK Post (so no HMC&E to worry about) - Really impressed with the feel of the D200 with the grip in place especially when in portrait mode so thanks to everyone for their advice again - I also mentioned I would be getting 2x EL-EN3e batteries with the grip & as I already have a spare these are surplus to requirements & are up for sale (CHEAP!) in the Classified Ads Forum HERE
Paul ;)

Looks pretty good. My dad is off to HK on business 16th Jan. Going to ask him to pick me up a D200 and grip. Well,... persuade him by putting my credit card in his wallet with a note. Luckily he has the same name as me. Woot.

King.

Back