Nikon ML-L3 remote control question

Name
Martin Prothero
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm interested to get the infra red remote for my D80. can anyone tell me, does it allow long exposure control in Bulb setting ie one press for open shutter and one press for closed?
Or is it just a single blip to release the shutter.

I have the remote cord MC-DC1 which does allow B setting exposures but it aint long enough!

Thanks in advance.

can anyone tell me, does it allow long exposure control in Bulb setting ie one press for open shutter and one press for closed?

yes correct ,it does

but then the remote cord can be locked to keep the shutter open as well.

doh ,just realised what you mean by it aint long enough ....... wheres the bangs head on wall smiley gone to when i need it

i meant to say ( but forgot )
when using a ML -L3 & bulb watch out for remote on duration as default setting IIRC is only 1 minute it can be set to as much as 15 minutes..

Thanks for that guys, answered my question perfectly. (y)

i meant to say ( but forgot )
when using a ML -L3 & bulb watch out for remote on duration as default setting IIRC is only 1 minute it can be set to as much as 15 minutes..

That duration is suspended whilst shooting in bulb mode though, the timer starts after the second press which closes the shutter. The duration will last up to 30minutes at which point the shutter will close anyway.

Back