Nikon P7800

Edit My Images
Yes
Hey all

I have just picked up a used Nikon P7800 for small sensor street photography.

A little confused though, I shoot in RAW with the monochrome mode enabled but when I upload the Raw files to Studio NX the files are in black and white and not colour.

Any ideas why?

My guess is the software is automatically applying the black and white camera profile.

NX Studio reads and applies all the camera settings but they are not locked in. In Studio if you click on the Adjustments tab you will see a Color Mode setting with a drop down list. Click on the arrow to drop the list and you can choose which mode you want - Original, different colour modes and Black and White.

Ok, so there may be an option to turn that off. I will have a look.
I've not used NX for years but I expect there will be.

PS If you get sick of the P7800 let me know. Mine is starting to misbehave. :(

NX Studio reads and applies all the camera settings but they are not locked in. In Studio if you click on the Adjustments tab you will see a Color Mode setting with a drop down list. Click on the arrow to drop the list and you can choose which mode you want - Original, different colour modes and Black and White.
Awesome, many thanks.

Just started using NX

Haha, will do.

Decent little camera!
Nah, it's rubbish! :LOL:

Admittedly mine's had a hard life, living in my fishing bag and getting covered in mud and fish slime! I find it good up to ISO 800, but other than that it's a belting camera.(y)

Back