Nikon SB-800

Name
Pat MacInnes
Edit My Images
Yes
Just thought I'd say that this flash unit still continuously amazes me with the technology within it and the simple interface of four buttons.

Was shooting indoors today in an exhibition hall and I messed up with settings in the camera (too slow a minimum sync speed) but it still did a grand job. It is just so much better at spreading light than my works 550EX and I love the fact that, when you attach the Nikon diffusion dome, the flash knows that it should default itself to 14mm setting - how does it do that!!!!

Was regretting buying it when I got my Nikon kit, wishing I'd gone for a 10-20 Sigma, but after using it for three months, it's got to be the best £250 I've spent in ages. Awesome is the only word. :)

same here. It just works perfectly 99.9% of the time - much better than the Canon stuff attached to my works 30D. So glad I switched to Nikon now.

Is the only difference between the 600 and 800 the added directional movement of the 800?

I think its just that the SB-800 is more powerful. I have had the SB-600 a few days now and havent really had much chance to use it :)

Is the only difference between the 600 and 800 the added directional movement of the 800?

It has a greater flash output and the commander function so it can control other flash units using Nikon's Creative Lighting System.

works brilliantly -ff-camera using the D200's built-in pop up flash as the master flash. Totally brilliant technology.

Back