nikon sb800 flash

Hi there david,

I've just recently my sb-800 from purelygadgets, although it was passed through my work so worked out slightly cheaper. Took about a week to arrive but AFAIK they're pretty good.

you might want to try onestop who have it for £218 here

They're a brilliant company and will refund any customs charges etc that may be incurred, delivery is normaly 3-5 days, which isn;t bad for halfway round the world!

Brilliant flash btw, but you could also get the slightly cheaper 600, not quite as powerful and doesn't come with the stand/filters/diffuser etc but has all the other goodies! If you don't need the extra power you may be better off with the 600, Unfortunately i need the power as I photograph quite a lot of interiors.

hi Gandi, thanks for your reply, i tried onestop digital and they are out of stock, ive used them a few times now, is purelygadgets a uk firm, im still thinking of getting the sb800 you never know in the future i might need that bit more power, thanks David

Gandhi said:
you could also get the slightly cheaper 600, not quite as powerful and doesn't come with the stand/filters/diffuser etc but has all the other goodies! If you don't need the extra power you may be better off with the 600, Unfortunately i need the power as I photograph quite a lot of interiors.
my 600 came with a stand ;)

one day i'll get an 800 to go with it :)

I've got the 600 and find it to be pretty good (I couldn't afford the 800 at the time). Apparently the 800 user manual requires a doctorate in astrophysics to interpret due to the amount of functions the gun has. :D

Hacker said:
I've got the 600 and find it to be pretty good (I couldn't afford the 800 at the time). Apparently the 800 user manual requires a doctorate in astrophysics to interpret due to the amount of functions the gun has. :D

not so much the functions. You just have to be able to understand nikonese!

Purelygadgets are a uk company afaik.

Tbh, most of the functions on the sb800 are only of use if you use a lot of manual flash. So far I've found the ttl and ttlBL modes good enough not to have use the others.

I've read it through twice and I'm none the wiser. I just use the Bowens kit if I need something for use off-camera... All that multi-flash slaving b**110*ks does my head in...

Back