Nikon..... Video

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
So im looking to be shooting a bit of film, and as i understand it Canon are the leaders in that realm..

Looking to get a NIKON that will be capable of shooting video to be viewed on television. I have thought about getting a dedicated video camera but would like to get a Nikon so that i can use it for photography as well..

What are your thoughts? The video i will be taking is mainly on the sea of yachts and boats...

Im thinking along the lines of a D7000, but really for some reason don't like the camera...

Thoughts please?

jacob12_1993 said:
D7000's video is as good if not better than all the canons stock video at 24p. It suffers though because of magic lantern and also of its lack of 1080p 25p/30p/50p/60p. The skin tone colours compared to the canons are out of this world however

Okay, thanks for that :) will so some digging on nikons range and make a decision. This filming lark is all new to me. Ive got a Sony mini dv camera so might try that as well lol

jacob12_1993 said:
Check out Ami Vitale, she has done quite a few multimedia photojournalist stuff with the D300s and D7000

Thanks for that... Her stuff looks great.. The d7000 has suddenly become more appealing, might have to try one with a grip on...

stokes said:
Thanks for that... Her stuff looks great.. The d7000 has suddenly become more appealing, might have to try one with a grip on...

It's an incredible camera for the money, low light ability beats any crop sensor camera I know of, it maintains the beautiful Nikon colours and also a heap of 'Pro' features, 100% viewfinder, metering manual lenses, in body motor, bracketing, AF fine tune....the list goes on, you won't regret the purchase

Jake

Thanks for the heads up on the video. Now I just need to get my hand round it :) a friend has a 7000 so will see if I can test the video out over the weekend too.

I know its going to be a fair bit more expensive than the D7000, but the video capabilities of the D800 are being touted as one of its major selling points.

Its due to be announced tomorrow, apparently along with a D800 commercial filmed with the camera itself.

Although as its still pre release, nothings set in stone and any specs seen at the moment are still speculation. And then of course there's Canons 5Dmkiii on the horizon to.....

Back