Nikon Z* mirrorless

Nital Card is some sort of Italian service with whom Amazon obviously has dealings. I can't see any evidence that the cameras are grey (though they might be) but they are only ever on offer for a very short time at suspiciously low prices. Would love to know more as well
When I’ve enquired in the past Nikon have said they don’t differentiate lenses like they do bodies, so lenses have an international warranty. That was a while ago mind.

Excited to have joined the Nikon Z Club...

I picked up three Z6 bodies this afternoon aimed more at some videography projects I want to play with.

I’m currently a Sony shooter (A7RIII and A9) but have used Nikon and Canon extensively in the past.

First of all it was a vatted malt “righ seumas 1” by Murray McDavid of Bruichladdich fame. Then I had an Indian - Paul John Brilliance.

Nital Card is some sort of Italian service with whom Amazon obviously has dealings. I can't see any evidence that the cameras are grey (though they might be) but they are only ever on offer for a very short time at suspiciously low prices. Would love to know more as well
85mm came with some sticker on it in Italian. However, there's still a card inside saying there's an international warranty so no issue.
if anyone's interested, I see that the 85 is now £649 on einfinity (albeit out of stock)

85mm came with some sticker on it in Italian. However, there's still a card inside saying there's an international warranty so no issue.
if anyone's interested, I see that the 85 is now £649 on einfinity (albeit out of stock)

I went for the 85mm sold by amazon mentioning the nital card. It dispatched yesterday with a Saturday estimated arrival, so it isn't coming from within the UK. Likely Italian like your one.

Hmm... mine has not been despatched and it is saying after 15 October. I got the impression I ordered mine before Steven. Must be because I ordered something else alongside.

Last edited:
All this talk of 85mm lenses got me excited - ordered the older G version to use with the FTZ for the time being.... Haven’t had an 85mm for years but if I rediscover my love of the focal length the S version might be on the list not much further down the line...

All this talk of 85mm lenses got me excited - ordered the older G version to use with the FTZ for the time being.... Haven’t had an 85mm for years but if I rediscover my love of the focal length the S version might be on the list not much further down the line...
Here's a couple with the s 85mm on the Z6...
multiple flash, one exposure by amanda benson, on Flickr
AB 2019-09-25 by amanda benson, on Flickr
I'm so used to using zooms, it's weird to only have one adjustment ring on the lens!! I keep forgetting I have to move my feet to zoom in! :)

Last edited:
Just been using my Z6..... silly me. I have just spotted that I have the issue of the surface peeling between the grip and the lens. I seem to recall others have had the same and am wondering if Nikon resolved the problem.

Just been using my Z6..... silly me. I have just spotted that I have the issue of the surface peeling between the grip and the lens. I seem to recall others have had the same and am wondering if Nikon resolved the problem.
They say so. How old is yours as the issue was supposed to have been fixed after the first few months of release?

These appear blurry and out of focus? only number 3 seems to be sharp

They are slightly I need to set the camera up properly. The rooms were quite dark and I didn't put the lights on so that won't of helped.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are slightly I need to set the camera up properly. The rooms were quite dark and I didn't put the lights on so that won't of helped.
3 and 5 are sharp (though with 5 the focus point is not actually on the face). 2 and 4 the cat is probably moving which shutter speeds of around 1/40 to 1/60 won't freeze. Not sure why 1 should be fuzzy. Curious what kind of AF setting you used?

I contacted e-infinity this morning who asked for me to arrange a local repair and they would cover the cost.

I also spoke to Nikon UK who said that although it is a grey camera and not subject to Europe warranty they will carry out the repair free under an advisory notice. Basically I think it is a known problem. They have arranged for DPD to pick the camera up the day after I get back from my holiday free of charge and will sort the repair out. Either way either e-infinity or Nikon will cover the cost. I am happy with that.

I contacted e-infinity this morning who asked for me to arrange a local repair and they would cover the cost.

I also spoke to Nikon UK who said that although it is a grey camera and not subject to Europe warranty they will carry out the repair free under an advisory notice. Basically I think it is a known problem. They have arranged for DPD to pick the camera up the day after I get back from my holiday free of charge and will sort the repair out. Either way either e-infinity or Nikon will cover the cost. I am happy with that.
Can't say fairer than that.

They did the same for me but I've just had a look at the 'repaired' one and the same issue again.
I think I'm going to wait until I'm planning to sell and get it repaired then. Not worth keep worrying about it.

Mine doesn't (yet) suffer from this, but I have a Lim's half-case on, which a) protects the vulnerable area to a large extent, b) has a built-in Arca-compatible plate, and c) gives my pinkie a resting place.

Back