No 5D replacement?

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
So now Canon have announced the release of the 450D and a couple of new bits of glass, is that is for now?? or does anyone think they will be announcing more today/tomorrow?

I was really hoping for a 5D replacement :eek:(

So now Canon have announced the release of the 450D and a couple of new bits of glass, is that is for now?? or does anyone think they will be announcing more today/tomorrow?

I was really hoping for a 5D replacement :eek:(

If they are plans to announce a 5D replacement my guess would be that it would be after the announcment of the 450D so as to give each camera maximum exposure/publicity.

i thought the rumours from a couple of weeks ago was that the 5D replacement would be announced later in the spring.

Makes sense not to steal the thunder of the 450D which is the camera that makes them the most money. High end cameras may have a halo effect but in terms of profits, its the base models that get them this (and also lock people into the EOS brand)

Yeah the 5d schedule seems to be longer.....I think the top end canon range has a more spread out release timescale, so later this year I would expect.

Rumor Mill ( That's the same one that said the 5D replacement would be announced end of jan, ) now reckons that it wont be announced until around August. Possibly in time be shown at Photokina.

I'll just wait and see what happens

Until last night a lot of the rumour sections of forums were ablaze with thoughts of the new 5D (it was a mk2 or 3D or 7D), but nothing emerged and all went quiet. A replacement/ upgrade will come, but probably later rather than sooner. It would need to be a big improvement to compete against the D300 - Canon will have to do more than rely on a full frame sensor to impress.

I had an email from Canon the other week about the 5D replacement.

They've decided that they'll hold back the release date until I've worn my 5D out.

You could be waiting a long time :D

Hahahaha.

In that case maybe someone should find out where you live and come and break it :D

Hahahaha.

In that case maybe someone should find out where you live and come and break it :D

Doubt that will be possible, it's in a hermetically sealed case, suspended from a high cieling...even df cant get to it :D

If you hear the screams when I tell him he HAS to get his camera out, you'll realise you're not far wrong.

Back