no critiques yet?

Name
Julie
Edit My Images
Yes
So when do all the critiques' start for round five of the competition? I would like to hear what help is out there to offer me, let me know what I did wrong. Maybe who the one person was who did vote for me,LOL :p It's been a day already hasn't it? :p

Jewel.

Good point.. I'll start one. Need a drink first. :beer:

Don't take this the wrong way Jewel, but, rubbish! you're just as qualified as anyone here to have an opinion. :)

I personally think its just as interesting to see why you liked X rather than Y as it is to hear from expert Z. Com'on girl, take pride in your opinion! :)

Couldn't agree with Sammy more on this. If I write a critique, it doesn't mean I'm setting myself up as an expert or the final arbiter of what's good and what isn't. I bought my first SLR around 1960 when I were but a lad, and I get a genuine buzz out of seeing people's work improve, that's my motive in posting.. not to put anyone down. :)

It's just my opinion, and it's no righterer or wrongerer than anyone else's. ;) If you have an opinion then post it. You don't have to be some photographic guru to have an opinion when you're looking at someone else's endeavours, and airing your views gives the author the benefit of several opinions to consider and place what value they want to on them.

Critique - good and bad is what will help us all to improve and think about what we're doing, so get posting those critiques! ;)

quite agree, everyones opinion counts, from rank novice to time served professional, each few is as important as the other.

SammyC said:
Don't take this the wrong way Jewel, but, rubbish! you're just as qualified as anyone here to have an opinion. :)

I personally think its just as interesting to see why you liked X rather than Y as it is to hear from expert Z. Com'on girl, take pride in your opinion! :)

He he he, Oh I do take pride in my opinion Sammy believe me! I just thought people would rather here from someone who really knows photography and understands all the technicals more than I do at this point and time. I'm afraid I'm not as tactful as some either. I dont' want people to take what I have to say the wrong way. People tell me I"m too bold and straightforward. Gotta work on that one,lol :p Ok I guess I'll post something up after I eat me some brekkie, I think better on a full tummy,lol Hey just for s***s and giggles what's the time difference over there anyone? I'm just crawling out of bed and in need of food, 8:30am, what time you got over there?

Jewel :)

1.30pm

people wont take it the wrong way Jewel, if they do then they wont learn anything!

1:30 pm and you're only just getting out of bed! Disgracefull!

!!!

:D yeah I wish it was 1:30 and I was just getting up. I haven't slept past 7:00am in eight years, since the little ones arrived. ahhh those were the days.

Jewel

jewel said:
:D I haven't slept past 7:00am in eight years, since the little ones arrived. ahhh those were the days.
Jewel

You make it sound like they just turned up on your doorstep Jewel! :LOL:

jewel said:
I'm just crawling out of bed and in need of food, 8:30am, what time you got over there?
Jewel :)

1:30pm here, and funnily enough I'm just doing the same :p

(Im kidding, it's now 1/4 past midnight and I'm just sorting through my shots of today and catching up on the forums).

Back to the critique thing.
While it's nice to get technical critique from those which you term 'in the know, technically'. IE an explanation of how I could have used the camera and its settings more to my advantage.

While I do receive the above gratefully, what I equally want is good honest opinions of the non technical person.
A technical person, sees technical imperfections. A non-pro as it were, sees an image which they either like or dislike, and I like hearing which of those is true, and also more importantly why, and what they think would improve it.

That is why photography is a hobby for everyone, beginner or pro alike, because everyone, no matter what their skill level, ALWAYS has something to offer, and that's their opinion, whether it's time-served or not, it's equally as important.

Back