No filter on a T-VS III? - Now you can!

Ambermile

A Whole Lot of Sparkle..
Name
Arthur
Edit My Images
No
Right then, I finally found one of these and am quite happy with it now - but up until a couple of days ago it was up for sale as it has one glaring ommission that I could not live with. Wassat I hear you say? There is *no* accommodation for a filter. At all. Nowhere. Nothing. As I shoot more bw than colour this becomes a major issue and for me enough to have to sell on the camera.

Digging around a few days ago in my bits box I came across a 32mm press-fit filter mount for removable/replaceable filters. In the box too I had a uv filter, a yellow and a green, all three of which fit into the holder almost like they were made to. Actually, they were made to fit - but you get the point :LOL:

Not wanting to scratch the lens body on the Contax I cut a thin strip of used film to fit inside the filter holder where it touches the body, set the pressure of the three sprung "tangs" and away we go - I get a yellow, a green and a uv filter to fit a very nice camera - and more to the point the camera gets to stay here with me!

tvs-filter-1.jpg

Is there a downside? Well yes, you have to remove the filter when the camera is turned off because of that drawbridge at the front but in fairness, this camera will not turn itself off if it gets bored like some do so that's really not that great a problem :D

tvs-filter-2.jpg

Last edited:
Ta - would be good to know just *why* Contax omitted this feature. I realise the drawbridge front had much to do with it but that's just shoddy design in this case IMO.

You would have thought that they would at least have produced their own dedicated/branded/hyper expensive (delete as appropriate) version of what you've done Arthur.

Indeed - one of the great mysteries of our time I believe.

Hmm - OK if you don't have that drawbridge I guess. That's about what I did to get the wide angle adapter onto the Coronet 120 folder with 35mm film :LOL:

Hmm - OK if you don't have that drawbridge I guess. That's about what I did to get the wide angle adapter onto the Coronet 120 folder with 35mm film :LOL:

Oh..that's great..It's good to see some body with engineering brain and photographic eyes.

:D

Back