No fluffy cute animals I'm afraid

• Thread starter CinnamonDonkey
  • Start date
C

CinnamonDonkey

Hi,

I thought that I would show something not involving fluffy cute animals, spiders or birds. I think it still fits within the scope of the group.

This is from the very first set of photos I took when I got my 350 back at the start of the year.

Let me know what you think.

1332651034_20065ff10f.jpg

1331764431_e71fe9083a.jpg

1332654376_0c3a8ef293.jpg

They do indeed fit within the group, I really like the 2nd shot - I do a lot of artwork involving photographs & that would make a great background/texture imo (it does make a nice image on its own though btw (y))
1st could use a tad more DOF imo to bring all of the detail but a nicely toned image.
The 3rd does nothing for me though as I find the background light takes too much attention away from the subject (interesting lighting on the tree though)

I particularly like the first 2, great colours and textures. I used to take pics like this myself and use them in manipulations. Good work!

Moomlike: I see what you mean about the background light on the 3rd photo... I hadn't considered it. But now that you have pointed it out I totally see what you mean :0.

Antihero: What is a manipulation?

It means photomanipulation. You take a photo and use other mediums to turn it into something else...like this, this, and this. I did those a long time ago and kind of miss doing it, so might go and get some more textures!

antihero - wow they're cool... I want to try doing that :D

Back