No Footy So Off To The Lickey Incline

Name
Nigel Cliff
Edit My Images
Yes
As the footy was called off due to a waterlogged pitch yesterday I went up to the Lickey Incline and spent a pleasant couple of hours chatting to another Tog and taking a few shots

1)
4486456671_b10ef7752c_o.jpg

2)
4487106658_2ce50c1077_o.jpg

3)
4487105642_39ce66ff76_o.jpg

4)
4487103390_16f3b2eec4_o.jpg

Excellent shots Nigel. We'll have to arrange a railway meet sometime at a steam railway.

Great shots!
Love number 1, gives a great sense of the incline
Number 4 is my best though, can't beat a a nice bit of RAW Sulzer powering up a hill, nice to hear a 2500 bhp engine with the taps wide open!!!!!!

Good idea King whereabouts in the country are you because the gala season is starting soon and I am off to a few of them

I live in Carshalton, Surrey but travel all over the place!

Trips definitely booked are East Lancashire Steam Railway on 10th April and Llangollen Railway on 8th May.

Clive

4 is an impressive bit of diesel loco under stress,but wish it was sharper,could be hosting and web compression though,the others dont do much for me,boring modern stuff.
Interesting venue not far from me,would love to see a Steam train up there.
Pons

Nice bunch of shots there, good to see my local haunt. I like number 4, although the only RAW power on show will be the brake shoes as that's on the way down the bank! Wish I could have got out for those two Class 47s that went down, but such is life I guess.

Train-spotting location from my youth in the 1970's brought up to date and life. Superb series of shots.

(Glad to see a class 47. Recently scanned some of my youthful slides ... instamatic means quality not up to here, although Peaks, Westerns and class 37's have a certain nostalgic factor!)

Back