No idea...

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
No
...what kind of caterpillar this is.

It was curled up on the flagstone outside tonight, its body was cold (I thought it was dead) but I brought it in to have a look (dark by the house). It did recover somewhat so I snipped a branch off the forsythia - the shrub nearest to where I found it and rested it on the branch. It ios about 1½ to 2 inches long and quite chubby and round.

It hung on for few moments and then fell off. Repeatedly. Managed to get one photo of it that is of any use.

I took it back outside and left it close to the fence. That's back out where it came from more or less. If it doesn't survive, that is natures way.

Used the ringflash for lighting.

Exif:

Camera Make: Canon
Camera Model: Canon EOS 450D
Image Date: 2009:11:06 22:54:09
Flash Used: Yes (Manual)
Focal Length: 105.0mm
CCD Width: 4.18mm
Exposure Time: 0.0050 s (1/200)
Aperture: f/7.1
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Spot
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
Photographer: Copyright www.pauliddon.co.uk

Paul.

I can't help with the ID Paul, sorry. But its a cracking shot of what ever it is. A shallow DOF, but excellent detail and colour on the head (y)

not a clue, but you do some FANTASTIC pictures! i always think about your close ups when taking mine....then i get depressed lol :crying:

not a clue, but you do some FANTASTIC pictures! i always think about your close ups when taking mine....then i get depressed lol :crying:

Thanks Robbo, that's really great to hear.

There are better exponants of macro than myself, but I'm happy with what I get form my equipment.

Paul.

Thanks Robbo, that's really great to hear.

There are better exponants of macro than myself, but I'm happy with what I get form my equipment.

Paul.

All the ones ive seen you post are great, really inspire me to get those kind of shots, expecially the spider after rain shower! they are simple but capture everything.

Back