No longer a Mach Loop virgin!!

Name
Gareth
Edit My Images
Yes
Decided to head over to the Mach Loop for the first time. Have to say, had a great day. A bit of a treck up the side of the hill but worth it when you get up there. I got quite a buzz waiting for the planes to appear round the far end of the valley which gave me about 10 seconds to grab the camera and get shooting!! :D

Here's my best one. I'll definitely be back soon.

Hawk1a.jpg

And this was one from the car park when I was still trying to decide whether I was actually at the right place!! :bonk:
There was plenty of cloud around!

F151.jpg

Last edited:
hi gareth the first photo is suberb.heres mine but not as good!.good day up there today.

machloop.jpg

the second shot looks like there is no cockpit glass (y)

convertible fighter jets... way to go!

great pics,
can i ask why is it called mach loop, are they allowed to go 'mach 1' there? :)

F15's on your first trip, you lucky bugger (y)

Bloody missed them pretty much as they sky was completely white and I was still down on the car park!! :bonk:

Not sure what constitutes a "good" day at the loop? We had probably around 12-15 passes in the 4 hours I was there. Is that a good/bad/average day? :shrug:

carparked by an F15! i think i'd have gassed myself there and then. t2 shot aint bad mind

taken from raf valley

EXERCISE WELSHRIDER 10-01 - 5-16 July 2010. Exercise operating areas are LFA 7. Aircraft will be operating from 0830L until no later than 2230L. The aircraft that are attending will be Tornado GR4, C-130J, Lynx, Merlin and Chinook.

taken from raf valley

EXERCISE WELSHRIDER 10-01 - 5-16 July 2010. Exercise operating areas are LFA 7. Aircraft will be operating from 0830L until no later than 2230L. The aircraft that are attending will be Tornado GR4, C-130J, Lynx, Merlin and Chinook.

Rob - already booked 12 & 13th July off work so will be there one of those days, weather permitting. (y)

i`ll check my work rota tomorrow as i`m off today.i`ve ordered some more batteries yesterday so hopefully it`ll be busy.

Back