No Pics - just advice wanted - Superbikes at Knockhill

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,

I am heading off to the Superbikes at Knockhill on Sunday and was wondering what equipment to take and where to stand for the best pics etc etc.

I have the following to go along with my Canon 30D:

Canon 100-400L IS
Canon 28-70 F2.8
Canon 430EX Flash
3 x 2gb Memory Cards ( I shoot Raw )
Monopod
Tripod

I can also lay my hands on a Canon 70-200 F4L, but which would you recommend for Knockhill, do I need them all or just some, and is there anything else I should consider taking.

Never shot bikes before so any advice would be a great help.

Thanks,

Mike.

The 70-200mm will be fine at the hairpin, around the back of the track may find you need the 100-400mm. These are the two I use, I also take my monopod.
Ps. Take some warm clothes it can be cold at Knockhill

Take your waterproofs too, it's going to be wet!

The weather by all accounts is a law unto itself, so pack for every condition.

I have never been there myself, but id take all of them lens options, i never use flashes at motorsport, nor do i personal use mono or tripods thats down to individual choice.

If shooting RAW id take much more menory, i do around 12gb over a day.

Bikes are totally different beast to shoot then cars, but try to get angles that show of the riders skills, where they get the knees down, ideally some frontal to side, or rear side with them leaning towards you. If going rear its nice to see where the heading to. Atleast thats what i aim for as you can see from gallerys. Like i say never been there and havent enough leave to get there so no idea where to stand.

Hi,

thanks for all the great tips and advice, all taken on board, so hopefully have a good day on Sunday.

Thanks,

Mike.

Back