weekly Nog's 52 Week 16 Empty

Lovely shot

Now that is a cracker!

Great shot, it looks particularly good full screen.

Soon as the theme came up this week I thought Nel in the river would work ok especially with a sunny day forecast.
This is probably basis stuff but I was quite surprised how much the sun shining on the water affected the exposure, put +.7 on the exposure but still had to edit (proper description for my editing is mess about) a bit as Nel was under exposed.

Excellent !! Action captured, fabulous
Thanks Alan, always plenty of action from Nel
Great shot!
Thanks Paul
Nicely caught
Cheers Nick
Lovely shot
Thanks John
Great picture! Love it!
Thanks Sophie
Looks like he's having a great time. Nice
Thanks Pete. she loves the water, and fields, and beach, and food:)
I love this picture
Thanks Lewis
Now that is a cracker!
Ta Dave
Stunning shot. Love it!!
Thanks Bob
Great shot, it looks particularly good full screen.
Thanks Nick, I hadn't looked full screen and it does look pretty good.

Nicely captured. Lovely lighting too.
Thanks Kell
That's a stunner Keith! Lovely dog too.
Thanks Pete
Lovely image that. Someone was having fun there
Thanks Adam, yes she loves the water
Soft: beautifully lit
Water: A cracking shot... just says fun, fun, fun!
Thanks Helen, yes she gets quite excited when she realises we are going to the river, actually she gets quite excited when we go anywhere :)
Water - great shot, freeze framed the water, great focus on that and the dog plus it tells a great story. Love too how you've left enough foreground to allow the dog to keep running toward us. Very well excecuted.
Thanks Paul, I remembered to take a bin bag to kneel on which helped to keep clean /dry until she stood by me and shook every time she came out of the water:)

Last edited:
That water shot is great, love dog shots in action, and the water keeps in the theme. Wish my dog would go in past his paws he is very hesitant at the seaside. Well done on a fine capture.

Reactions: nog
Thanks, we had a dog, sadly no longer with us, who was the same.
On the beach one day she ran to fetch the ball and what she thought was water a few inches deep was a couple of foot deep. By the time she had stopped moving forward she had no choice other than swimming. Anyway after that she was fine and loved the water/swimming.

Cracker!! Right place, right time. Sharp front line and I bet they were moving quite quickly. Similar in a way to last week.

Last edited:
Love it - they look like they're going to come straight into you :LOL:

Lovely sheepie line!

They are
Cracker!! Right place, right time. Sharp front line and I bet they were moving quite quickly. Similar in a way to last week.
Thanks Paul. As the shooting season has just finished ( though I don't shoot nowadays) the plan was to get a pic of a cock pheasant or 2 which have made it through the season. Obviously none around when I had a camera so lambs it was.
Love it - they look like they're going to come straight into you :LOL:
Thanks Meg, they were having fun
Lovely sheepie line!
Ta Dave
That's adorable Keith,
Thanks Keith
I like that a lot Keith (y)
Cheers Pete
So cute, great capture!
Thanks Ryan

Yep - that does the trick nicely!

Back