Noise reduction software advice

Name
Craig Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Al,

Quick question, can anyone advise on the best noise reduction software, need to save some images big time,

Thanks for your help

Craig

:help:

most people rave about Noise Ninja, but you should get the trials of the ones mentioned above and see which works best for you.

I personally use Noise Ninja, but used others in the past. I find them to all be pretty much the same!

Another recommendation for noise ninja here! You can download individual profiles for your camera/iso and apply. The photoshop plugin is easiest (if you have photoshop).

All the above work incredibly well and I have worked for several months with at least 2 of them and run trials of them all IIRC, but its easiest to use a plugin version so you can selective noise reduce in photoshop or other editing suites and it means you are not having to use a separate program, openeing and closing images here there and everywhere. The NR in photoshop and ACR are as good as useless when compared to the various programs already mentioned imo.

Another recommendation for noise ninja here! You can download individual profiles for your camera/iso and apply. The photoshop plugin is easiest (if you have photoshop).

which one is for the EOS 400D, I can see 3 for digital rebel but which one do I need Profile Link or do I need to make my own from their instructions

TIA

Not sure how the others work, but I've recently bought DxO Elite and the new NR feature grabs back about 2 stops on the raw file, prior to applying anything else

Anyone else found this?

I'm all for an easy life so if one program can do several things (at once) I'm all for it

DD

Noise Ninja for me as well, but on the cheap sort off, photoshop despeckle filter is ok.

Not sure how the others work, but I've recently bought DxO Elite and the new NR feature grabs back about 2 stops on the raw file, prior to applying anything else

Anyone else found this?

I'm evaluating DxO at the moment and it's the first piece of software to impress me enough that I might pay money for it. However that's not for the noise removal. Possibly I need to learn the settings a bit better but so far it has just turned noise into artifacts that can't be removed with other NR software.

The idea of posting a noisy pic and folks trying their software is a really good one.

Anyone got a pic to throw in the ring ?

How about this? 100% crop from an image at 6400 iso and pushed just a tad so it's a decent torture test.

noisexb6.jpg

Back