Noisy Gritty Focus Mechanism?

Edit My Images
No
Hi all, I bought a cheap Sigma 90mm Macro of ebay a while ago for a little over £20.

Anyway the long and short of it is that the focus mechanism works, but has a nasty rattle to it with some vibration. It also sometime jams, as if there maybe something loose. It gets worse when I attach it to the camera body or even worse with extension tubes. There is a small rotating screw at the back which I guess is for the AF motor? It seems to be mostly coming from there.

Just wondering if there is anything I can do? Is this a common issue with old lenses? Could it be fixed and how much would you expect to pay. Obviously I don't want to pay loads to get it sorted, as the lens didn't cost much. But its a nice sharp lens with good optics, so it would be nice to give it a new lease of life...

Any advice would be appreciated.

Sorry :( I havent a clue, I am as technically minded as a goldfish.

Thanks Jimmy, hopefully someone on here may have had similar issues...or may know something? I dont really want to walk into my local camera shop without knowing anything and been told its going to be X amount to fix.....Just looking for some advice...

Back