Beginner Noon 612 Pinhole Camera

Name
eeyore
Edit My Images
Yes
Well new year new start and all that... For me it's dipping a hoof in to film cameras again... And getting my head round these 120 film 'memory cards' :eek: ;)
I've just got my hooves on one of these cameras and wondering if anyone has any tips on getting the best out of them.

My first bit of a concern is setting up the film and camera. For my first few shots I only intend on doing 6x6 shots for the moment whilst I learn. The camera has boards to change inside depending on the picture size, so I've set this up for the smallest but I'm not sure what number to scroll the film on to. Logic says 1 and 2 etc. But... I've see comments about winding on to odd numbers. Then moving up in even numbers from then on. I have 10 rolls to play with but don't want to waste them!

My second is aiming it, I'm much more used to a lcd screen or view finder. I guess it's just practice and a bit of crawling around for those arty weird angle shots.

Another one I have is issues with light leaks. On the back of my camera one of the clips does not seem to be as tight, the back could move a little. Should I be worried?

:)

You should have three different holes in the back to read the frame numbers. Top one is 6x4.5, middle is 6x6, bottom is 6x9. Presumably you can wind on to the even 6x6 numbers to shoot 6x12.

Oh, and if you haven't looked up "reciprocity failure", you really should :D Never done it myself, but people swear by Acros for this stuff.

I did a little review for mine a while back, might be worth a read.
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/t...nal-camera-review-thread.529199/#post-6116938

Like you say framing is a bear though. I just left mine on 6x12, for pano's you used the 6x6 window and counted even frames. For squares you'd use every number on the middle window. 645 (does it do that?)) You'd use every number on the bottom window and 6x9 the top. 6x9, 6x6 and 645 are all standard 120 film sizes and there are numbers on the backing paper related to these sizes. The placement of the red window on a normal camera corresponded to the frame size.

Back